3800 Race night tonight for me.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I know I know.. i post all these race stories that usually happend before the race.. but bear with me.

So tonight like 4 or 5 cars from my school are all meeting in warrenville on this back road that is a little more than 1/4 mile long. Tonight there will be a Firebird v6, Celica GT, possibly Lexus IS 300, possibly a highly modded mustang GT, my car with its DHP :), and a Highly modded sunfire (or so people say). A WRX may show up in the mix later. All the cars are bone stock expept mine, the mustang, and the sunfire. What do you think the turnouts will be as? I will be hosting videos of it later. Too bad its gonna be the crappy shot of the video camera at the start line and watching the cars go down the road... sorry i got to save weight so no camerman sitting shotgun.

How do you think i will fair against the celica and the firebird v6 ( i know the rest will beat me). All i got is a DHP and a Gutted Airbox. Also i am running 93 octane forr the DHP. My subs will be out of the car tonight. Gotta hope the po-po do not come tonight. Let me know what you think?

-Ryan

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Damn Warrenville I would come out and represent however I have to work on my buddy's broke ass Chevy lumina. Sorry I would have kicked major butt except for the WRX and maybe the Mustang GT depends on what mods, but I would dive them a hell of a run. Just give me a call (708)277-7429 depending how late you guys will be out there. I'll be done with my boys ride around 10pm if all goes well.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
turns out nothing happened... kinda around here are pussy's. THe firebird wimped out, and the others couldnt go... so i ended up taking a drive up to Schaumburg with TurboBrick, and i met up with James (iliveonnitro). There were some quality races there. Everyone there wanted to race, there was firebirds, trans ams, wrx, sti, evo 8, camaro, honduh, saturns...lol.. I raced James a couple of times.... one we reached 30mph he pulled on me... pretty much even up until that. The only real race i got was against a 2003 cavalier 5 spd. I beat it by 3 cars at 80mph. I could not get traction what-so-ever... Right in the middle of the intersection (in the left lane, which i was in) there was a small dip, but jagged and made my tires spin like MAD... no fair. Still one none the less. I must say, James had some quality races such as a Tiburon and a montecarlo SS. All in all good night, and if you are looking for races.... go to SCHAUMBURG at the burger king... wow that place was loaded... thanks guys

Ryan

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
It's all in the launch :)

Hundai Tiburon - didnt have a chance..3 cars under the light, was a free race

95 monte carlo SS, 3.4L w/intake, exhaust and pulleys - spot him 1 car, beat him by around 3ish

neighbors 95/96 Mustang GT with FWI, exhaust and cheater slicks only beat me by about 2 cars...my full exhaust and tires should fix that

Dodge Stealth w/intake and exhaust lost by about 6 cars

last week i beat a riced out cavalier for $10 - spot him 4 cars, beat him by 3...they thought i was spraying "through the EGR!" -- rofl

ryan/syp with his car - each of us had a passenger, when we formally raced in our designated spot, i had him by a couple/few cars depending on his launch..when i was leading him home, i floored it w/o a brake torque (hint this one ryan: SO NO WHEEL SPIN AND COPS DONT HEAR IT AND GO AFTER US :) ) and we were almost even until 30.

just work on the launches, and play it smart when on busy roads and you'll do good.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by horist@Mar 14 2004, 12:49 AM
damn BK off roselle is already starting up? Alot of muscle or mostly imports?

Still seems too cold for any serious races... even w/a boot it's damn near impossible to hook on these cold roads
Healthy mix. For some reason, theres a LOT of SRT-4's, and WRX's on the import scene.

More T/As than anything else, and a whole lot of other F-body's.

For some reason, I'm getting disgusted with the whole F-body craze..restore faith in me horist.

Oh yeah, there were a few races between some modded T/A's and a Mustang Cobra that were pushing over 110mph (I was like 6 cars behind doing 100 trying to catch up on them ..and they were still pulling away).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info