3800 Door hinge/panel problems??

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
So my passenger side door is now slightly rubbing in between the seems under the side mirror.......its the vertical gap thats now rubbing inbetween the door and the front fender.

It has not bent the metal, but has shaved off some paint.

So how do I adjust this? The door does not lift up and down when you pull on it so the door jamb bolts seem pretty tight.

I really havent looked into the probelm to much but was wondering if anyone has fixed this b4??????

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
??? Did you hit something? Or run over a speedbump/pothole and hit the front quarter panel on the passenger side? The only time I have had a problem like this, my front quarter panel was the problem, even pused in a little bit, it will rub.
To fix the problem, remove the screws in the wheelwell, remove the plastic shield. pull the quarterpanel towards you, or push it out from behind,
if it is not bent bad, you may also get it to move just by opening your door, pull on the area of the front quarter panel that you are rubbing on. pull until your door clears and no longer rubs.
thats the only thing I can think of without taking a look at it.
joe a

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list