3800 Got my DHP today :)

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Yea, me and Zack went to Charles' house and we got our chips reprogrammed. It was pretty neat. As of now i do not have my pin 21 grounded... what does that mean? i still got the 40mph 3-1 shift and i did not get a chance to max it out, or at least go past 108mph due to rain... but what do i do to ground the wire so the performance shift is always on?? I plan on doing this tomorrow after school.

Thanks alot Charles!
-ryan

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
If this is anything like what we were doing to Fish's car on Saturday...
SnM wired up Fish's Perf Shift on his GT and wired it to 21 Clear

This is actually located on the PCM, you will see there are like two large plugs you need to remove those (one Blue and another Clear) and the push the wiring through 21 clear to get the perf shift to work. If there are more specific directions I do not know since this was my first time watching/helping!

I know SnM and others know how to do this maybe they can give you better directions...

-Rich

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
The switch would be easy. Just grab a switch from radio shack liked pictured and run the wire from the pcm to one of the prongs and then another wire from the other prong to a ground source. Im sure there is a thousand different switches you can use. Then you can have a secret performance button....hehe...im a dork. But I used the cubby as many people have, its a nice out of the way place to put some switches. Mine are for my fan switch though, not for the pcm. I have a 98, so it came pre-wired with the perf. shift.

275-646.jpg

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
ohhh... that helps alot... All i need to get is the correct wire (i think i had 12 gauge) and those Packard Electronics FEMALE Connector Pins (GM part #12084913) I think im just going to have it running the whole time.

Is it strage that i do not feel very much difference when it pulls... because i am stock besides that? The only thing i notice is that when i floor it at 40mph, it drops down a gear for like half a second... and the tach reads 5900RPMS on every shift if i floor it. Anyone know why i could be feeling like the DHP didnt do anything besides the 40mph wot thingy.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Wow.. i took it out for another sping tonight.. and that things pulls like a BEAST... i totally take back that post i complained about it. This this is fuggin awesome!! lol.

Wait, so the performance shift on the GT will raise the shift points to 6500?????!?!?

EDIT** James you were right about the 93 octane thing... lol what was i thinking 91 octane.. all here is 87 89 and 93. Sorry about that... BTW.. i filled up my tank with that stuff tonight.. Gotta prep for tomorrow's races :)

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
"Allow me to retort ... " ;)

The old school pcm's had a "super beatdown mode" shift in perfomrnace mode that was around 6200. That was recommended to us as the optimal shift point but we found that it really didn't work all that well so we back it down to 5600 and 5950 respectively.

However, we also wanted to respect the fact that GT guys don't have performance shift and we didn't want to make all of them wire up stuff, so they get all of the other features in EITHER mode, just a higher shift point with the PS wired in.

Hope that helps.

make sure you connect it to 21 clear ;)

also, that pushbutton that was posted won't work. that is a momentary switch, and you will only be in perf shift mode when you are holding the button down. a toggle switch is your best bet, but you can also get push-on, push-off pushbuttons.

I can help anyone wire up the pcm. did it for the first time on fishes car. i don't have any of the pins though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info