3800 My car should be done soon

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
We took the motor down to someplace, haha sorry i don't know exactly where and the guy is gonna completely rebuild it and add on our stuff we bought for it, should be done in about 6 weeks. So while he's doing that me and my dad are gonna bring the car home and rip off the front end and take the old motor out and work on the trans a little and then put all the suspension stuff on. ohhhh i can't wait, the only thing is is that the car won't be painted until next year, but oh well.

Heres everything about it

When i turned 16 i need a car just to get me around and my neighbor was selling an 83 hurst/olds for 4000$. So i bought it off of him and after a while the car started t give me problems so i just bought a jeep. but we hung onto the car. The only bad thing about the car is that it wasn't the orignal motor so which basically made the car worth nothing. They were a very rare find, mine is #1281 out of 3001. But anywho, some guy my cousin knew was getting rid of a 72 350 rocket. So he gave it to us for free. We waitied until now 2 years later to start working on the car. All the suspension stuff is from B&R fabrications. And now the engine part We bought a pair of heads and took those down to the guy who is gonna do the motor a couple months ago. He port and polished them up for us. While he was doing that we ripped apart the 350 and took all the other crap off it. We bought a holley street avenger 770 carb. Chrome altinator, high performance spark plugs, headman headers, racing cam, and a bunch of other stuff (sorry i can't remeber i have the flu right now and my head is so blocked up) but anyway the guy estimated that the motor will put out between 425-450hp. God i can't wait, that thing is gonna be a nice sleeper this summer cause it will still look like hell. So warning to all u guys if you see a beat up 83 olds, be careful of me. hehe. oh BTW next summer is when the 100 shot goes on to

Jim

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I cant wait either....pressed in my cam bearings Sat and had new wrist pin bushings pressed and honed to the pins today....All I need is a water neck, t-stat, and temp senser.....Putting my engine together tomarrow or Wed...with the M90....Map still has my MP112 and is still working on my IC. Im dieing to smoke this little bone smoker Mustang on my block....I should sent Fredo after him now that he is running a 3.25"......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list