3800 Reading spark plugs.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Ok working on the shelby seeing if I can get it on the street again. Starts ok but runs really rough. Pulled the 4 plugs, One is fine, light brown and the porcelin is white. The other 3 where coated black. The whole plug, porcelin and all. I'm sure plugs and wires are needed but is something causeing the plugs to blackin that I should work on first?
The car has been sitting for quite some time. Just a few trips around the block last summer and maybe 100 miles the summer before.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You probably have some seepage on the valve guides. After sitting for long periods of time the valve guide seals harden. When the car is running again the seals wear prematurely and start to leak into the cylinders. If the car has a dual plane intake and the cylinders on one bank are dark, it may just be the idle screw settings on the carb (I'm assuming it's carbed). I can set up Holleys pretty well if you need help with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Aircal
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list