3800 Throttle Bodies for GPs

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Just got a message from valvegod (I mentioned his name yesterday after I found out how much you guys pay for LS1 Throttle bodies)

Here's his reply:

Mike, Yes I am familiar with them being used on 3800 SC. I have the 99-02 cable controlled which is the same design and 75MM as the F body. These are what I sell for the 3800s. I have used (cores) with sensors for $75.00 ea. $55.00 without sensors. I also have 85MM Mafs for $60.00 ea. These are based on cash prices.

Shaun Carter
SMC Performance, Inc.

Granted you'll need an adapter plate ... but seems like it'd be alot cheaper to get an adapter plate fabbed up and get one of these TBs than buy a brand spankin new one! May wanna do some research first though to make sure they'll for sure work...

His email is [email protected] ... good guy to deal with (I bought my LS6 block and my spare PCM from him) and awesome prices

I

imported_GraFFix

WOW! So besides the adapter plate what else do I need to run this on my car? ICCU? MiniAFC?

I would send the guy an email right now and buy one..but ill wait to hear back with some answers...I dont need to get it right now...still looking for a gen5 blower :p

And thanks for looking into this Mike.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I haven't looked into the LS1 too hard, but there are a few other questions to ask for the conversion. I believe the TPS would have to be wired backwards, I don't believe there is a provision for cruise control either. The afc works just fine with the 85mm maf, that's all I use on mine - works like a charm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info