3800 Drinking and racing=dumb

atomicman

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
hey i just fog home and i rced this car dont know what it was, but i sloweed down becuise there was a government plated car next to us, but he flew by me and i wasnt about to lewt thet happenm do i gunned it and bet him, and i had to get off at my exu (was on290) and i almost didnt make it my brake was dll the way down but he folloewd me home and when i got out of the caer and he dtold me that there wsa sparks shooting out from my brakes. I guess going from 115 erto 20 is bad wehn it was a like 35 foort distance, but racing and drinking is not good, ir majes u sopd siutupid sutff

atomicman

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
yeah im sorry nout that i agree its a prob i have, i have to sya its the last time, this night , i swear and will live by never again, havent donwe it that much but last time, dont want to make every ne see think im a dumb@#$ which that was a dumb!@# thing to so, but i realixwe my mistakes, i will nevr do it agin never liked it but was alwasy thinking i can do it, nver again.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Mar 4 2004, 03:16 AM
I'll give you this. You are an interesting drunk.
And a dumbass... You can't even find the fucking keys on your keyboard and you're out racing cars on the expressway.

Do us all a favor and wrap your shit around a pull now so we don't have to worry about getting hit by you.

Dumbass.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
I wouldn't say everyone drinks at the gatherings but that is beside the point. Why do these drunk post stay up on the site? Its not a drinking club, is it? Posts like these should just be deleted.
Hopefully I wasn't as harsh this time. It just bothers me that the site is condoning it by not deleting. That is all I have to say.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, quite a few people here have the "My drinking team has a racing problem" sticker. :lol: But back to the matter at hand, is it stupid to drink and drive?? Yes. Is it stupid to drink and race?? Yes. Can you stop anyone from doing it?? Nope. Its too bad that you cant make people not do things.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Originally posted by alexgtp@Mar 4 2004, 02:02 PM
We as moderators.. Will not remove or delete any posts.

That is why it is a public forum. Without censorship.

Unless it goes against any laws...we wont take it down.

ANyways that way we can look back and laugh at all the idiots..
If someone can't spell or construct a sentence I'm sure they are drunk. Minutes before he was in his car racing right? Thats illegal. So is drunken driving right? Laws were broken right? Eh who cares right.. Im just saying it has no place on this site...But let the image of ILGPC go to shit like clubgp & the other chicago site.
Lets call the site IGPDC Illinois Grand Prix Drinking Club.

I give up. You guys win.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by BLK00GTP+Mar 4 2004, 02:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLK00GTP @ Mar 4 2004, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-alexgtp@Mar 4 2004, 02:02 PM
We as moderators.. Will not remove or delete any posts.

That is why it is a public forum. Without censorship.

Unless it goes against any laws...we wont take it down.

ANyways that way we can look back and laugh at all the idiots..
If someone can't spell or construct a sentence I'm sure they are drunk. Minutes before he was in his car racing right? Thats illegal. So is drunken driving right? Laws were broken right? Eh who cares right.. Im just saying it has no place on this site...But let the image of ILGPC go to shit like clubgp & the other chicago site.
Lets call the site IGPDC Illinois Grand Prix Drinking Club.

I give up. You guys win. [/b][/quote]
Usually post wont drag out this long when someone tries to make a firm stand on beliefs. Its cool and all your against it, but you cant go insulting everyone who does what you dont like. He knows his mistake, and said he was sorry. Let this die already. If people would stop posting, it would get knocked down enough to where people wont read it.

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Mar 4 2004, 11:32 AM

And a dumbass... You can't even find the fucking keys on your keyboard and you're out racing cars on the expressway.

Do us all a favor and wrap your shit around a pull now so we don't have to worry about getting hit by you.

Dumbass.

I have to agree with Mike K on this one. There is no tolerance for drinking and driving in Illinois and nor should there be on this forum.

And sign this clown up for English 080 so he can learn how to communicate.

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
seriuosly as moderstors we cant make it to every post to read...but if you have a problem with a topic such as this than PM one of us or shoot and email or AIM something!

THeres really nothing we can do here except someone was ranting and raving about drunk racing we NEVER support doing such things...if we have a couple beers out at an event thats one thing but most of us bring a boyfriend or girlfriend that doesnt drink and there are usually DD's! Also if we are having a party the heavy drinkers stay over night and dont drive! I am sorry this upset you craig and others but please dont be offended at someone elses actions that we cannot do anything but lol at!

There are drunk posters all the time but they usually dont say weather they have been driving so in the future keep from saying you have been drinking and driving! you can tell drunk stories but within reason!! it might offend someone!

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
When im too stiff to drive I call a tow truck......not a cab...AAA...Hate leaving my car somewhere to be stolen or damaged......Even if I had to pay for it its still safer and cheaper than the alternative...No excuses...You should of seen the look on the tow truck drivers face when I started my car and pulled it in the garage...Thats ok because we stopped and I bought him a burreto.... :D

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by markymarc+Mar 4 2004, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (markymarc @ Mar 4 2004, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp@Mar 4 2004, 11:32 AM

Dumbass.

I have to agree with Mike K on this one. There is no tolerance for drinking and driving in Illinois and nor should there be on this forum.

And sign this clown up for English 080 so he can learn how to communicate. [/b][/quote]
agree 100% ... to drink and drive is bad enough... to drink and race and then as soon as you get home post on the board about racing while drunk... stupid...

It's f***s like you that make the roads even more dangerous ... you abviously were coharent enough to log onto your computer and type this message... yet you lack the common sense to call a cab or not drive home... or at the very least to NOT F***in race your car while you are drunk !

You admitted you were drunk... so you didn't know you shouldn't be driving? Ridiculous...

If you (or anyone) ever is driving drunk and hits me... better hope i'm unconscious or dead cause I have no sympathy for f***s that drive drunk... and if my baby get hurst because of one of these f***s I'll be going to jail for man slaughter!

I just don't understand what goes through peoples minds sometimes... you knew you were drunk, yet you drove... and you raced and then you come on a public board and start talking about it while you're still drunk! stupid... I don't understand either why people brush these things off like they're no big deal (the other post where an underage person got busted twice for drinking in one night, and this post) ... saying to lay off he made a mistake and admitted it... big whoop, you obviously lacks the common sense to not drive when you've had too much to drink... and then you go out and f***ing race on 290 ...

Gotta agree to w/people saying how this stuff is kinda dismissed around here... any other boards I belong on ... none of this happens... if a person posts about driving home drunk or racing drunk everyone will be all over them ... to dismiss it as a "mistake" and "he apologized" is to show sympathy for this guy... if you have that much of a problem (as you mentioned a problem you have) ... sell your car, get rid of your license, and enroll in AA until you can control yourself and gain some common sense!

I'll wrap up my rant w/just saying... Smart... real smart ... dumbass

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
WOW! man.. I am gone for a day.. and all this happens...

Anyways...let me first start by saying that some poeple in this club make poor choices. This does not represent the thoughts or views of ILGPC, or it's sponsors.

We are firmly against drinking and driving. Not only is it illegal, it is immoral, and could cause the death of innocent.

I will address a couple of the items from above, if I miss any, and people have questions toward me, please feel free to ask via PM.

1. Please do not stereotype ILGPC as a "bunch of drunks" I am the admin of this site, and therefore represent a large portion of the club, and I do not even drink (except Root Beer).

2. We do not delete posts, no matter how idiotic, dumb, moronic, illegal, (unless the actual post violates a law, for example a link to an illegal file). Even if it makes our club look bad, it will stay, this is the advantage of a free forum. The disadvantage is the same, we will have people that might represent ILGPC in an unfavorable light. Once again, these views DO NOT represent ILGPC or it's sponsors.

3. The quickest way to get a topic out of the spotlight, is to stop posting in it.

And with that last comment, I am done. Let this topic die, and if you have a problem, please use our wonderful PM system.

Thank You

ThaLord
ILGPC Admin

For the first time ever I think I am going to disagree with something John said.

As said before this is a public forum, posts are not deleted, posts are not modified/locked unless it is something illegal. With that said I don't think we should just stop posting on a thread if it is creating some heat, or a potential of getting people upset.

I do have some things to point out, and this is the first time I have seen this topic otherwise I would have been posting on it much earlier.

First thing is this I completely agree with Horist on this, this should not be just brushed aside and just look at it with simpathy because he is sorry. That is complete bullshit.

The fact of driving drunk to the point where you can't even type is pretty bad, and I will be the first to admit I have driven while under the influence, but not ever more than three beers and after sitting drinking water for an hour. That is too much. Also the fact that he was drinking someplace as far from home to where he would be taking the highway is another idiotic thing to do.

But the killer thing in this is that he was racing at speeds of 120 plus!!?!?! That is completely and utterly wrong. I do not care how sorry he is, it is manslaughter even when sober, but when intoxicated to the point where it hampers your abilities to think! You would be stupid also to assume that they guy has abilities to drive at that condition... fucked up how many people on this board would rather let things go away than to tell a stupid motherfucker like this how stupid he is.

I so wish you were pulled over that night, and that you were thrown in jail, and I mean that as harsh as it sounds. I am not one to judge someone, God will take care of that, but what you did has no place. You and your family and everyone else on the roads that day were lucky, plain and simple.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info