3800 RAT SWAY BARS

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Oh man these things are sweet.. Thanks J.E.T.

Only one problem.. I goofed up on the install. The rear bar is making this nasty thunking sound whenever I go over bumps. It is possible to have torqued down the bars to tight? I noticed that it is to be torqued down to 35lbs. I think I went to far..

Also for the rears there is a bracket with a hump on it. My dumbass thought it was to go on the rear of the bracket to hold the bole in. But looking at pics I noticed that it is suppost to go on the same side of the bracket that fits in to the wedge..the hump fillls in the space where the baracket is separated from the bosy of the car. ughhh

Does anyonw have ramps I can use at Caspers mod day to pur the car up and fix?

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Ya, those RAT bars are the best. I miss them alot.

Your assembly of the brackets might be the cause of the clunking noise. Let me reread how you put it together...
Oh man, I can't believe you did that! Hehe. The plate is suppose to go behind the bushing with the plate hump against the car.

Fix the assembly IMMEDIATELY. Those brackets are not easy to replace should they break.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info