3800 suspension help/advice

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
ok guys, im thinking about upgrading my stock suspension because its getting sloppy and close to 90k miles. basicly im looking to find out what are the good companys that make springs and struts for our cars. what am i looking at spending on this stuff, and how had is it to install myself.

any input would be great.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We're looking to have Tokicos made for the W body... They are valved stiffer than the KYBs and are a much cheaper alternative to the Konis. They would also not pogo, however an ETA on this is not known right now.

For springs, I like the B+M's.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Originally posted by gtphale@Mar 3 2004, 11:10 AM
Get the gm kit it is a very good kit. And easy to install with the springs and struts as one piece
what is all included in this kit? and you say the shocks and springs are as one piece?!?!?!? that sounds like it would be alot easier. how much does this go for and is it for front and back?

-sorry for all the questions im new to all the w-body stuff....

I

imported_GraFFix

The GM kit like Hale suggested is the best from what I hear...the kit is around 900 with shipping. this comes with Adjustable struts and lowering springs.

also to tighten up the suspension you can do strut tower bars, sway bars, trailing arms and poly bushings.

you can get a kit from GMparts direct for about 150 or for the better alternative the BMR parts will set you back about 500 or so.

there are alot of different setups you can go with...

personally i will be doing my whole suspension in a few weeks and I went with the following

KYB Struts
GMPP lowering springs
GMPP Sway bars, trailing arms, strut tower braces
I have the pogo retainers to stop the pogo (hopefully)
as well as all new poly bushings

all this cost me around 500 or so

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
GMPP koni kit with sways and strut bars...........NUFF SAID......

around 900 bucks.

At 90k miles, you cars suspension was gone at around 40k.........you will love this kit and no pogo to worry about, or switching springs.

Comes with about about a 1inch drop too!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
adjustable shocks, 1 inch drop, no pogo...........need i say more.........

They are made buy koni.....there damm good. I wouldnt risk getting cheap shocks and then putting lowering springs on em......to much to worry about with pogo.......

the sways, trailing arms, ans STBs are like 140 bucks.....cant beat that anywhere either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info