3800 Just got an AFC 1.0

• Thread starter imported_Diavolo
  • Start date
I

imported_Diavolo

My 02's have either been around 890 or 990 lately (890 one day, 990 a few days later). Before I go messing around with the AFC, does anyone ahve any suggestions. I don't want to set it to 98% and have my 02's drop around 870. Are my 02's erratic because of the weather? (temp changed about 10 degrees between the 2 days I did my scans. Should I just reset my computer and let it learn the car again, then mess with the AFC

Edit: I got logs from both days as well

Thanks

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, I spoof my IAT to everyone's dismay. You may want to spoof it for the time being and take it out of the equation. Watch your coolant temps, they also play a factor and the outside air temps may not allow the radiator to cool the motor the same. The mini afc is a nice unit, but try to keep things no lower than 95% or higher than 105%, or the 02's will really get flaky. To check if the 02 sensor is getting "lazy" and needing replacement watch the "crosscounts". The quicker it switches from high to low the better. If the 02's dwell low or high for etended periods of time it may be time to put in a new one. If you do replace it, get only the AC delco unit, the Bosch one sucks ass. Casper's has the best price on them.

I

imported_Diavolo

Well, when my 02's jumped up to 980+, my car was idling for over an hour (The track was packed and it took forever just to getinto the track). Maybe it was my coolent temps. I will try to get some scans in tomorrow (hopefully the rain holds out until I am done with classes)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
    Participants list