3800 Cylinder Question

atomicman

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
How wou.d i tell if i wasn't getting spark to my cylinder. I burned the rubber around the # 3 wire, and it made a nice white mark on my header, i think i might of burnt the wire out. But lately i dont get a loss of power, but im losing gas mileage like no other. If the metal hit the actuall wire part that would do nothing good i am imagining. what do you think>

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by atomicman@Mar 2 2004, 03:50 AM
How wou.d i tell if i wasn't getting spark to my cylinder.
Remove the wire from the plug side then remove the plug from the head. Connect the wire back to the plug and lay the plug/wire with electrode of the plug on a engine bracket or large,grounded part of the frame. Have someone crank the car over for just about 2-3 secs. Check to see if the plug is arching to the frame while cranking the motor. Iiwu I'd just replace the wire and check the plug...should be fine. If you were running on only 5 of 6 pistons the car would shudder/stumble like crazy from a dead stop.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I burn't a wire and the car ran fine. I was at the track, and the car slowed down a few tenths. After thrashing on the car to figure out the problem I found the wire. I ziptied it out of the way so it wasn't near any metal and it picked right back up. If you can mist some water at night, you should be able to see the spark if any is escaping. It'll look like faint blue lightning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list