3800 Nextel Users

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Originally posted by SweetGTP99@Mar 1 2004, 02:46 PM
no go on www.nextel.com and look up what plan you have and it should say, I have a plan that they no longer sell breakthrough 5000 it like 2 year old plan, But i dont pay for it and i dont pay for voice mail i would call and $@!*# at them they will refund you more money thats what they did for me when i was charged 3.99 for caller ID they gave me 20.00 of the bill :rolleyes:
okay cool steve and I also have the breakthrough 5000 plan, that they don't advertise/have anymore!!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Congrats on the purchase! Those I730s are definetly sweet phones...

65k display , you can load WAV files on them (so no need to find type 0 midi files or convert a midi file to type 0), and you can have ring tones associated w/an individual (so person A calls it plays your generic ring tone but if person B calls it plays a ringtone just for them)

I *almost* upgraded my I95 to an I730 a few weeks ago... but decided for now to just put a new housing on my I95 and wait to see if nextel comes out w/some phones w/built in cameras...

But you'll definetly like that 730 :)

xplicitt

Regular
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by Rocky@Mar 2 2004, 09:39 AM
How can you load the files to the phone?

What do I need to get? 
Is there anyway to download free music tones?
you will need a serial cable and a loader. Make sure you get a serial cable and not a usb cable (sometimes they can be a PITA) I got my serial cable off ebay for like $12 a few months ago. But check out www dot ideninsider dot com and www dot howardforums dot com, you should be able to find all the info and programs you will need there. I use webjal to load ringtones and stuff but I am not sure if it is the same for the i730! There are tons of free ringtones there as well!!!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
damn he's charging now? screw that then... I haven't visited the site for a long time... though I really only used it for a few wallpapers...

Do some reasearch on howardforums.com and i'm sure there are some useful threads on making your own wav files or some free software that will let you manipulate wav files rather...

xplicitt

Regular
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by SweetGTP99@Mar 2 2004, 06:00 PM
yeah the guy makes you pay 5.00 and you can have as many wav. and wallpapers, and games as you want. (on the web sites stated above)
you don't have to pay $5 for the loader (webjal) anymore!! I had originally sent my donation and then did a charge back because I never recieved my password! The other day I was bored and decided to browse the boards and it is FREE again!! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info