3800 Boom.

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
So..... it looks like i blew my engine tonight. yay me!

was getting on it to merge onto 290 and at about 5500rpm the car lurched and the engine it the rev limiter REAL fast and then no powa and engine stalls.

pulled over, cranks slow and hard and engine coughs and sputters at me when i crank it.

sigh.....

anyone got a l36 or l67 laying around?

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
Im not pointing the finger at the intense PCM at all.

The first engine went from a bad fuel pump causing a super lean condition when i gunned it and hole in piston.

Im thinking the timing chain broke or something along those lines. cuz all the accessories turn when i crank the engine and it turns over slowly and feels like the valves are closed or something when cranking....

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
DarkShadow said:
Update:

Did some looking into it, looks like the timing chain jumped. engine is out of time and also i think i found what the mysterious tick was that has plagued this engine since day one..... found a damaged plug on the #4 cylinder and it looks like something was hitting it, maybe piston slap a little hmmmm....

Piston slap on a GM?! NO WAY!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Update:

Did some looking into it, looks like the timing chain jumped. engine is out of time and also i think i found what the mysterious tick was that has plagued this engine since day one..... found a damaged plug on the #4 cylinder and it looks like something was hitting it, maybe piston slap a little hmmmm....

orrrr maybe a chunk of your piston from that awesome intense pcm :nono:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
NetChemica said:
DarkShadow said:
Update:

There have been ZERO counts of 3800s slapping pistons in stock form. The tolorance is too tight. Forged slugs are a different matter since they will slap until engine temps get warm and the pistons expand. Dont make me drag James in here and beat you to death with knowledge. And keep your knife in your pocket vato. :nono: :lol:

I told you when we met up for the atap. Alot of earlier intense pcms were commanding too much timing. I forget the exact cause, but the basic and S1 PCMs were getting an upwards of 21* of timing at WOT.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
NetChemica said:
DarkShadow said:
Update:

Despite alot of GM engines piston slapping the 3800s really arent know for this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info