3800 13.9@100

Not to say he should be running faster, those are great times. I think many people have a false sense of how hard it is to run mid to low 13's, if not 12's. Ask Chrys, Johnny, Hale, Pictor, and I know how hard it was for me to battle to get where I did. Most of us had/have mod lists that look like everyone elses wish lists, and they still battle for every tenth once we got down to low 13's.

It is difficult, it took me awhile to get the times down, but they did get down. It isnt as simple as many think it is, some have dont it with minimal mods, but it is rare. Im sure he has a more in the car, but that time is still respectable.

Congrats on the 13's, it is a big accomplishment no matter what for any GTP.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
you said traction sucked, so you could still do a lot better on the launch. with some traction you should be able to get that down to a 13.4-5, cut a 2.0 60' or better, then with some traction that should put you at a 8.6x 8th and anywhere from 13.3 to 13.6 in the 1/4.

question- how much knock are you seeing with the 3.0 pulley? id be tempted to try a 3.1 pulley with your setup. how are your fuel trims?

anyway, congrats on the 13's. first track outing of the year?

I

imported_Diavolo

Thanks
I am sure I have a lot left in the car (another .5) I am running on AE077 17" and I do have 12" brakes up front.
http://www.users.muohio.edu/angellmc/scans...13-9-100mph.csv

That is a post for my log on that run. I was hitting 3 kr but I ran a 14.2 with a 3.25 and a better 60'. I 3.1 would probably be better for me. That 9 kr blip is because I hit the rev limiter (forgot to shift into 3rd) My other run with the 3.0 I hit a high of 2 kr. My 02's are terrible.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
your 02s dont look too bad at WOT. you arnt running with TCS on are you?

are you tuning your car with anything? or just loging data?

untuned- i think the 3.0 is too small to run, you should hit some decent numbers with the 3.1

those spikes in kr, though they are small, are pulling timing.
if you can run a 3.1 and keep the timing up, or possibly advance it just a hair i think you could run some awesome numbers.

the 3.0 is deffinitely going to be too small for the summer heat.

or another option- run race gas. put some 100 octane in on the way to the track, drive about a half and hour to an hour on the 100 octane before you race.
that should get rid of all the KR you are getting with the 3.0 and give you buttloads of timing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info