3800 2000 Grand Prix GT v. 2003 Acura RSX-S

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
*** VIDEO FOR RACE 1 WILL BE UPLOADED TOMORROW ***

race 1-- Unfortunatley i lost to the RSX-S by a little bit. At first it did not think it was an type S, because my 2 passengers said all they saw was rsx. But after it got ahead of me, i saw the red S. Anyways, so i rev at him at a light. He does not even look over or anything. So we go normally at the light, and i get ahead of him(about a car length) in a 2-lane road, so out of no where my passenger screems "HES GOING!" I see his lights coming up, and i gun it, we are both goin back and forth, he starts to pull on me, then we are even, then i pull a little, (obvioulsly he is manual) then aroung 70mph he walkes on me up to 85 mph. An unfortunate loss, but against a high 14sec car, I am impressed. As usual i had 3 people in the car, and subs in the trunk.

race 2-- I am turning left on a 1 lane turn which breaks into a 2 lane. A mustang has been tailgaiting me pretty closely for 2 miles (on the 1 lane road). I know it wanted to bite, so i gunned it as soon as i made the turn. Well to make it short... he just BLOWS by me, It turns out it was a COBRA-R. It had a big ass wing, 4 guages, rims, and a back body kit. Once i saw it was a cobra, i didnt feel half as bad about losing. So he rolleddown his window at the next light, and we gave him praise on a nice car, and he said the same thing about the old grand prix :)

race 3-- So i am on the way driving one of my friend's home, and this dodge dakota sport pulls up. There are 3 college aged guy sitting in the front... or basically in the car (there is only the front for seating). So we roll down the windows as does he, and he is asking us "Where the party at" and other useless questions, So as the light turns green, he floors it, and i hear his exhaust goin crazy, and i gett small wheel spin and blow him outta the water, he just waves me good bye. It was quite funny.

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Feb 28 2004, 12:31 PM
What makes the -S special? It's not supercharged, is it?

Not to hijack the thread, but I just took a grand prix SE who always talks shit about me, as well as a riced out VW golf V6...wasnt even comparable.

I like the weather, its dry, cool, and i can brake torque it to 2500rpm with almost no wheelspin.
the RSX Type S has the 200 HP version of the same engine in the base RSX... the base RSX has 160 hp. With a 6 speed manual and a good driver an RSX Type S should run low 15's and in good conditions could run high 14's stock.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by syP@Feb 28 2004, 01:20 PM
actually i got 3 more that night.. i just didnt post them... werent even worth posting... Corolla, Outback, and old cavalier.

The damn RSX has teh ability to get his RPMS to 8,000 while im stuck at 5,300 :( thats why it beat me :(
I would say weight plays a biggeest factor in that race. Same hp in a much smaller car. Plus 6 speed should be able to take the auto in the gts anyway.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
True.. I mean, i am in no way pissed that i lost. Those things should be spankin' me left and right. BUt i would just like to think of the outcome if i had no passengers and no Subs. Would have been a hell of a lot closer. Oh well, it was an honorable loss, even tho he went first :/ if it was from a line, it woulda been more fun.

hatchcrap

Nov 10, 2008
ok there is some miss info
both RSX base model and S are vtec.
the head flows alot better then base model and on the S vtec works both on INT and EXT cams stead of on one side.

because it revs at 8000 doesnt mean it can beat a low rpm vehicle top end driving.
its the stroke and bore that resolves to high rpm.

gearing is also different from base model.
S has closer ratio gearing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info