3800 IC questions

face1028

Dec 16, 2008
So I have been reading alot about IC's here lately. LP 3800 seems to be on top of the game when it come to this. As I have seen them before on other peoples cars I am not to familar with them and was looking for some more info. I think that I grasp the main concept of it. Reduces heat to the S/C (and engine block??) which helps to free up more HP. Not sure exactly how it works. fluid runs through the IC to keep it cool. Not sure where the fluid comes from?? sorry about all the questions. just trying to learn more about it. Through the treads I didnt catch how much LP 3800 was selling them for or how much others go for. Always looking for more HP to kick some ricer ass. TIA
Matt

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
The intercooler is merely a spacer that holds a radiator across your intake under your supercharger. The radiator has tubes running through it which you pump cold water through. This makes the radiator cold. When the supercharger blows the boost across the cold radiator, it pulls the heat out of the boost. Then the air is now denser because you have cooled down the boosted air.
I hope that helps. ;)
The cold water comes from it's own set up that you install which involves a radiator( to cool the water) a pump to pump the water and tubing to connect it all together.
PM me if you are interested in buying one or need more in depth information. I only type like 20 works a minute, so it would take me all day :D
You can get the whole kit from me for under a grand. Which is about $200-400 less than the competition.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list