So my GTP feels like a boat

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
My car just doesnt feel right when driving and steering, kind of a lack of steering feel and over all floats over the road. Most of the suspension is and upgrade or been replaced at some point in time, everything looks tight, and I dont see any damaged bushings. The only thing original to the front end is the steering rack and cradle bushings. Control arms, wheels bearings, strut mounts, tie rod ends have all been replaced with replacment parts. Struts are GMPP Konis with lowering springs. I am getting new tires installed today because the old ones were getting low on tread and just old. I do not get any noticeable play in the suspension when I try to rock the wheel side to side or up and down unless the play in inside the rack where I cant see it.

Any ideas? Next step might be an alignment

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Those LCA bushings look pretty slick. Do you think I can press then in at home in the garage? I am going to drive it soon and see if the new tires made any difference.

Magna steer connector and wire harness is sitting on top on the trans right next to the range switch away from moving parts. It looks good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info