Rear Brakes - 04 Grand Prix

fisher1989

Apr 23, 2015
I just found out that my left rear brake caliper is leaking. Went to replace it and the banjo bolt is the wrong size. Stripped out one caliper already, and am afraid of starting the second. I bought it from Advance Auto (I have an 04 Grand Prix), so I think they would get the correct type.

The problem is the banjo bolt doesn't even snug finger tight. I get maybe one or two threads into the hole and nothing more. Am I doing things wrong? Am I being over cautious? I feel like it should just drop in as a normal bolt would.

Help?

fisher1989

Apr 23, 2015
The caliper that I took out leaked something mean. I bought a new caliper from Advance, that one is the one that's stripped out. I am now on the second purchased (third total) caliper.

I'm actually not located in Chicago, unfortunately. I just recently moved out to Galesburg. The only reason I posted here is because I used to be a member here and I know that you guys give good advice and know what you're doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list