3800 Stage 2 Cam......

I

imported_snoop

to be on the safe side, get 105 springs, i would go modified retainers and that would be just about it. this is just to be on the safe side. nothing more nothing less. not to sure about the specs on this cam, but that is what i would do. maybe the OR pushrods too. MAYBE. that would be on you

I

imported_snoop

yeah, i am not too sure on the specs on this cam, but yeah, you should get the modified guides(seals) also if the cam is real big. the head work, like 12secGTP is saying, is the way to go no doubt about it. if you get a cam, you port out the heads to get the full potential but since alot of people dont, these are the things you should get.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
i have a question i've always wondered...

which would do you better

get a intnese 1x cam...that doesn't require headwork

or a stage 2..that requires headwork...but you don't do the headwork(porting) instead just use it with shorter valve seals and modified retainers.

does that make sense...the 1x at it potential..or the stage 2 not at its potential..how big a diff. is that?

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
yea 130's would be a good move just a little safer in the long run. I ran stock pushrods for a long time with no problems. Just stay away from the OR pushrods. I beleive Intense changed their site and said they are used for rockers. Also lifters from comp cam would be a good idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info