SVS light after LED bulbs install

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
I upgraded my existing LED cornering bulbs to much brighter ones. After testing if everything works, I started the car and SVS and traction lights came on. Disconnected the battery for 20 minutes and nothing, both lights are on. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it as I took it for a drive. No codes stored...nothing. Traction light doesn't bother me because it's off all the time but SVS is really pissing me off. Any ideas wtf could the issue be?

I disconnected the battery so it sits for an hour or more.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I would hope that changing the bulbs would not have any affect on the car.... unless it is like a circuit short/open code? I would pull the code and see what it is just out of curiosity. Since it stays on even after the battery is disconnected leads me to believe it is a constant failure that is present every ignition cycle.

edit:... what kind of vehicle?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
As stupid as it sounds try putting the previous bulbs back in and see if the light goes away? Electrical issues can be phantoms. With no codes stored and resetting the light not working with the scan tool I wonder if these new blubs are somehow causing the light to illuminate on its own. Bleeding power over from another circuit etc...

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Well fuck me...
I just realized that I also replaced the 3rd brake bulbs with LEDs. After swapping fronts back and forth I went in the trunk, put the old bulbs in and BAM! No more SVS. Weird thing is that all of my tail lights are LEDs along with front & rear side markers and I didn't have that problem before.

I had headlight, turn signal, fog light, marker lights go bad at one point in my old Regal and that didn't trip SVS. WTF GM, 3rd brake light eh? Now that I know what the issue is I can either get resistors for it or tape the damn SVS light :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• m_dogg
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list