3800 Time for more than 3.4

taylordssei

Regular
Dec 15, 2008
Elmhurst
I'm ready to start going faster this year. (I know, who isn't). Well I'm trying to figure out what path I'm going on what mods to buy. Still want reliabilty so don't want to go to crazy, but I've been working mucho overtime and am ready to start ordering parts but still have some questions.

Want to get Intense 3rd gen 1.9 rockers, And want to know what's the proper things needed, What pushrods, springs and retainers? I'm I leaving anything out?

Next will be headers, Probably ceramic TOGs. Haven't figured out what I want for the rest of the exhaust, deffinitly a High flow cat, but haven't decided on what muffs yet. Might get all new piping too. Better to have all 2.5 or 3in to 2.5 at the y.

Also on the list is probably stg 2 HVTB.

Than plan on getting a custom PCM from our own Charles afterwards.

How many heat ranges colder should I go with plugs and what kind? Would like to not have to check them all the time.

I'm assuming I'll be able to run a 3.2 but not sure.

Also going to be in Ohio next month and planning on stopping by intense for a LSD while I'm in the neighborhood and Miker seems to be MIA.

I'm shooting on having everything on the car within the next month or two tops.
Hoping Hale might do my rockers and headers. :rolleyes:

Planning on getting a ported blower maybe in the fall, or wait till next spring and get a IC and that's all I want to do.

Anybody see anything I might of left out?

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I know this seems to be my answer for everything but....
I think snoop did it the best way you can. From stock he bought: IC, 3.0", cold air intake, and some exhaust work. Anything else you buy will help, but these mods got him to a 13.5 1/4 mile. You will not see that with rockers and some headers.
Just an idea, good luck

I

imported_snoop

Originally posted by taylordssei@Feb 24 2004, 11:26 PM
I know it's not required, I just want to do all the little extras and do it right, want my ssei to last, only has 25k now. keeping it till it dies! When something breakes, I'll upgrade.
with that comment, i would DEFINENTLY get a IC. just fork up the extra money and get it. you will be MORE than happy getting one of those bad babies. throw a 3.0 pulley on the car(assuming you have a exhaust and CAI), and you will be happy with that power. believe me. hope this helps

taylordssei

Regular
Dec 15, 2008
Elmhurst
That's not a bad idea, I do plan on getting an IC and a ported blower, What's delaying me is that I haven't owned the car more than 6-7 months and just want to play it some what safe at first. And I'd also like to wait a little bit for my warrenty to maybe pay out something, if they see an IC on there = no service. They don't have a problem with headers and as for the rockers, what they can't see they won't know. Warrenty is till 48K I have 25K now. Might do it before than, just that I'd like to not blow my tranny up right away either. There was a lot of junk in the tranny pan at my shift kit install ( by hale, thanks again) but car only had 19K and dirty ass magnet. humm.

I've debated about getting a cam instead of rockers, and I'm not looking forward to replacing the tranny shortly afterwards. I figure with my plan it will hold up little longer, when it goes i'll shop around for a HD rebuild than go get a cam.

I already did ask, Jerry Hagerty Pontiac's sevice manager, he told me mods that change the normal operating tempature will void it. He said they'll still work on my car there, just not under GM warrenty. Main word being GM warrenty, aftermarket they might not mention it. Mines GM though.

Snoop you got me thinking about just adding an IC to my list now. Wonder If I'll have any hood clearane issues.

I take it TOGs are more recomended than SLP headers?

VHGTP

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by taylordssei@Feb 26 2004, 03:22 PM
I already did ask, Jerry Hagerty Pontiac's sevice manager, he told me mods that change the normal operating tempature will void it. He said they'll still work on my car there, just not under GM warrenty. Main word being GM warrenty, aftermarket they might not mention it. Mines GM though.

Snoop you got me thinking about just adding an IC to my list now. Wonder If I'll have any hood clearane issues.

I take it TOGs are more recomended than SLP headers?
yes, TOGS are what all the big dawgs go with who want to run 11s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info