3800 Spring Blockers

Would you be interested in spring blockers?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe what you got cooking?

• Total voters

Jamie231

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora
OK so this is the story. I have used spring blockers from pep boys before. Only to have them fall out all the time while driving. So I decided to have some made that wouldn't do this, and help out with eliminating some weight transfer for the drag strip. I got the idea from the shipping spring blockers that come on the new GTO. I am working right now to try to get them made for a good price. There will be a few in a couple GP's very soon for some beta testing. I need someone to host a pic I have of one to let you see how it looks/works. Anybody?

I

imported_GraFFix

Im sorry, but how would those stay in better then say the rubber blocks?

Personally I use spring boosters...they are the metal ones that you can adjust. I have them in all the time because my rear springs sag. Ive had them in for over a year and still have them in. I just used a small zip tie after I put them on and they havent moved since.

I have lost the rubber ones before though...

Jamie231

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora
Twiztid: where still working on it, the material is kinda costly.

Graffix: The stay in better because of the slot made in them, they pretty much snap onto the spring. The metals ones might stay in.

I have 2 in each side on the rear and my car hooks up ten times better. Like I said though there are some going on other peoples GP to get some feed back, soon.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
The problem with the metal boosters is that it chews up the rubber sleeve on the springs and them you get metal to metal contact. And after a while, the metal boosters start looking rusty and ugly. Thats my experience with those. And of course, like Jamie says, the rubber Autozone ones pop out if not zip tired or something.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Hey, these work pretty well! :D I've been testing them for a few weeks now. They fit PERFECT in the springs. Snap right in. I didn't use any zip ties in order to determine if they are prone to popping out. Noticable difference in launching - car stays level better so it puts the power down to the front wheels.

I think the reason they work well is because of the design. With any Pep Boys or Autozone type blocker, only one segment of the coil is held rigid. With these, two sections of the coil are held giving a balanced cushion for the springs. Hence the nice ride with no pogo!

Very nice.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

I

imported_Diavolo

I agree with J.E.T., I've had these in for almost a week now and I can tell a huge difference. My car used to sag terribly before these (68,000 miles), but now the car is level again. The pogo is gone and cornering feels much better.

I am very happy with the ones I got from Jamie.

Thread Info