3800 Found an SHO in the area...

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
OK.... :huh: first off, what does the SHO have under the hood??? This guy had been behind me for several blocks and was always racing up when I was stopped at a light. So once we got out on the main drag, I got to see it was an SHO with all the NASCAR trim.... <_< and yellow lettered Goodyears. Well, we raced down the road from the light and I could only barely stay ahead of him by MAYBE half a car length. But that's enough for me!!! Mind you this is a 45 zone an we were in excess of 80 and I always say I won't do that, but this guy was on me for miles wanting to race. He signaled to go again, but I was at my destination. I'll be watching for him again, and since it's a small area, we'll see each other..... SOON! :D

So again, what is under the hood on those cars???? For some reason I think I got him due to the roads being a little wet and he had to have spun the tires. With my loud ass exhaust, I couldn't hear anything outside the car except for my car!!!

I need more mods once I get the job situation locked down!!! Ugh!!! :angry: I got to get this thing going faster!!!!!!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Depends on what year... :)

89' - 95's have a 24v DOHC V6 and a 5 speed (or auto) putting out 220hp. They redline stock at about 7200 RPM, but with underdrive pullies (to save the accessories) you can bring them up to the higher 7000rpm range. From a roll, they're brutal.

I'll post a bunch of videos of me racing the SHOcago guys if you guys care to see. I took a bunch of modded ones from a 60mph roll, but one of them stayed even with me, all the way to 120+, bumper to bumper.

The next week, I raced another friend from an 60mph roll and he pulled past me after 100mph.

Check out www.midwestsho.com for more on what you can do to the SHO. This is my full time job, so go track that guy down and give him the addy! :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The 3rd Gens (96' - 99') put out 235hp at the crank and slightly higher torque numbers. The V6 versions are preferred among enthusiasts for their slightly more "raw" feeling and the fact that you can get them with a 5 speed, whereas the V8 version was only available with an automatic.

The 4.6 never showed up in any SHO.

A lot of people have misconceptions about the car. A lot think the 1st and 2nd gens come with 5.0's, while other's think they are supercharged. The manuals actually had a supercharger fluid change date in the maintanence section, an error carried over from the Supercoupe manual. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info