What's the next step?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
04 COMP-G with a L26, instead L67/L32, and 2.93 geared tap-shift built trans.

Current mods are:
ZZP Z7 turbo kit (one of the originals converted to a v-band flange, new turbonetics turbo)
LT1 MAF
HV3
1.9 modded stock rockers; 105lb springs
42.5lb injectors
No cat
Auto lite 103s
Fuel pump rewire
Electric cutout
Powrtuner (not really a mod since I don't know how to tune)

I have a wideband gauge waiting to go in once it warms up along with a boost gauge and GXP front brakes. So now I'm back to speed.

I'm Gonna say for sure injectors for sure, my 42.5lbers are EV1 with EV1 to EV6 adapters, and IIRC I'm very close to maxing them out.

I'm also thinking the front and rear log manifolds? Maybe?

I REALLY wanna hit 400whp. So of course a retune with the boost turned up after those mods would be necessary.

Thoughts?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you should hit 400 with the bigger inj

Plogs would be nice and even out flow bank to bank
the rear would probably be a good minimum if you didnt wanna flip coin for both.

a damn good bumpable boost controller would be damn smart...im sure if we had the boost controller hooked up and running we wouldnt have snapped the input shaft by being able to dial up boost after yer out of 1st gear and away from teh Broked'ness

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
you should hit 400 with the bigger inj

Plogs would be nice and even out flow bank to bank
the rear would probably be a good minimum if you didnt wanna flip coin for both.

a damn good bumpable boost controller would be damn smart...im sure if we had the boost controller hooked up and running we wouldnt have snapped the input shaft by being able to dial up boost after yer out of 1st gear and away from teh Broked'ness

Tell me more about this boost controller....

Also, since 400whp and I'll be happy, will the 04 fuel pump keep up?

You can get 320lph fuel pumps from highflowfuel on ebay for like $70 or something. I get them for $55 each buying 5 at a time. He has a lifetime warranty and does stand behind them...I had a car that was eating pumps and he warrantied no less than 3 of them for me.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

No the 04 pump will not be enough, a 255lph pump will be more than enough to hit your goal on gas, i would do a pump, injectors, powerlogs and a cut out if the budget will allow, and a good boost controller, I always used a halman pro, if the budget is tighter skip the powerlogs and just do the cutout that will pick up quite a bit of power

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I purchased a AEM e85 320lph pump which is waiting to go in.. I can install it without having any issues correct? I'm sure I'll have to modify something but basically wire it up and good to go?

80lb injectors are ordered, and I already have a cutout.

Probably gonna do power logs in a month or so, just because, and of course it's gonna need a retune once I get a file flashed onto the pcm for the injectors to make it driveable.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I purchased a AEM e85 320lph pump which is waiting to go in.. I can install it without having any issues correct? I'm sure I'll have to modify something but basically wire it up and good to go?

80lb injectors are ordered, and I already have a cutout.

Probably gonna do power logs in a month or so, just because, and of course it's gonna need a retune once I get a file flashed onto the pcm for the injectors to make it driveable.

yeah pretty much drop it in and wire it up, you should have the access panel in the trunk it should be an easy straight forward job, I would put a new fuel feed line in there while you have the canister out, the plastic flex hose from the pump to the top of the can, the old one will be brittle and a pain in the ass to get off and back on, ractronix sells just the tubes but i may have one still I ordered a few of them last time i bought a pump, remind me tomorrow working night shift tonight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info