3800 Ron Vogel, porting prices.....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Got to wait a little bit. We're working that out for the GT's still. The '99+ GT and GTP beta's are in the machine shop being mapped out on the CNC and getting the initial bore. We're still negotiating pricing with them, and trying to cover everything. Trust me we'll let everyone know when we do. It's definately going to be the best quality possible for the lowest price availible.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Yes it's mod dependant. Trying to make everyone happy, I'm doing some options now so there's a bigger range to cover. I'll try and explain: For pulley sizes 3.0 to 3.4 the standard porting works the best as long as supporting mods for these pulleys are utilized. These are done differently than previous versions I've done. The bore on both the '97/98 and 99+ TB has been increased to 72mm. The hump is taken down 5/16" and the maf is sleeved and raised 1/4". That area is reshaped to form a d-port to increase velocity. No external adjustment device for the TB is neccessary, but is reccomended. The '97/'98 TB does not include a hump, so a section of the post is removed. Out of these two, both work well, but the '99+ has a flow advantage.
For cams and pulley sizes smaller that 3.0, I can modify a '97/'98 style TB to use an external MAF. The normal maf post is removed and filled, the bore is increased to 75mm, and the shaft is thinned. This will allow comperable or better flow than the LS1 TB, and should cost under $450 for the entire kit. An external adjustment device is required to use it. However, with the IAT built into the external 85mm MAF, it will include a pigtail to connect to it, and the stock IAT will not be required. The kit will contain the TB, MAF, MAF recalibrator, gasket, silicone coupler for the MAF to the TB, Drill bit and plugs for the SC coolant holes. A tap will be required to thread the SC coolant holes.
I'll have more detailed info soon, and some pricing, but this is the jist of it.
Ron

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
The '97/'98 TB does not include a hump, so a section of the post is removed. Out of these two, both work well, but the '99+ has a flow advantage

Hmm, I thought that since the '97s were larger to start with that they flowed better than the '99s. I remember a thread on ClubGP stating some of the fastest modders use a modified '97 tb.

Question on the LS1 option:
Since an LS1 MAF is used, can't a car use ANY tb from '97-'03 ? I would think you could...

Very exciting product! I can't wait to see it. If it performs better than my RAT Stage 2, I'm definately going with "Vogel Performance TB". :lol:

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The 75mm option could be done on the 99-03, but since the '97/'98 is already larger in volume it's better for this option. Also, as you open up the '99-'03 the walls break through by where the stock maf location is and that has to be epoxied shut. Very little to no epoxy is used on the '97/'98 TB's, it's all metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• N
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list