3800 Emissions Readiness Talk

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Changing it to "not supported" will pass emissions. But I didn't say that...

i know, but he said he wasn't passing because the test wasn't running.

on my gtp, while i was running without an intake air temp sensor, the cold start test wouldn't run, because the intake temp was never within 11* of ambient

To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:

Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.
Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.
Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't get the point you're making?

If you run off the sensor in the computer there are no tests. It's gone, computer doesn't have the word "catalyst" in it anymore. Then in turn you will pass emissions.

you need the 3/5 readiness monitors to say "complete" to pass emissions.

missed-a-few-sensors.jpg

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Not sure if the same applies from Fords to GM's.....

IIRC It doesn't as of like 2 years ago, the IEPA changed the software and it snagged all the ford's that were set this way. The gm computer is coded differently, so it still works. Best way is to set all tests to not reporting, then also go into the individual error codes and set them as no error reported. Some people have issues with a code being set and the IEPA fails you due to the code, not the readiness monitor, also the code can trigger a readiness monitor to set as not ready.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info