Car won't run..

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So yesterday went to start my car, wouldn't run. I was running late for work so I left it. Finally got a chance to look at it and I can get it to run if I play with the gas. Showing misfires on cylinders 2,5,6. Changed the 2/5 coil and then the misfires went consistently to 4,5,6. Tried a reman lt1 MAF sensor. Fuel pressure looks good.

Wtf.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Found the no start problem, it was the vacuum "manifold" that plugs into the intake that has the brake booster vacuum line hooked up to it. The port on top broke inside the vacuum hose that now leads to the waste gate and the vacuum manifold piece pulled out of the intake. Got another one on and starts and runs.

I don't know if this is related or not but I am now seeing some random misses on cylinder 5. Seems to run fine though, and since I've driven it the misses seem few and far between from what I can feel, but now since I've tried some hard accel where boost is achieved the car seems to stutter and stumble, almost feel restricted, and the turbo under medium throttle sounds weak, under hard throttle sounds strong but definitely bucks. Don't want to hurt the engine so I'm going to try to get a scanner on it and see what I can see driving around.

The only thing I tried when I saw the miss upon start up of fixing the problem was a new spark plug wire, used known good coil, swapped plugs. I had cleaned the MAF prior to finding the main problem of my no start, don't know if that caused anything. I did not touch the MAF sensor wires, but the MAF sensor (LT1) is 7 years old (from when the kit was put on the inital turbo 04 GT).

I had swapped ICM's before I found the disconnected vacuum manifold, but have since swapped the original one back on before I got it running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list