best L67 head gasket for high boost

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Not sure how anybody could think that a stock gasket will hold up the same as an MLS gasket.

True in 99% of cases.

3800s are run on some sort of voodoo magic. You'll blow up a set of forged rods and pistons before the stock stuff gives up in another motor with twice the boost and knock. I can only assume head gaskets are the same.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I never had issues with the mls but for stock finish heads it's easier to run stock gaskets then mess with drilling the rivets out of the mls gaskets and coating each side of each layer and waiting for it to tack up and hoping the stock head finish was good enough for them to seal right when you can just throw stock gaskets on and torque them down to james spec and they hold fine

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Ran 30 psi on original gasket one engine with 160k miles. Gasket was fine when we took the engine apart for maintenance inspection.

We run stock composite gasket on 1 liter engines running 54 psi of boost making 600hp with only 2 cylinders. We run 75ftlbs on the head studs vs 45 stock.

I had no issues but others went oring nothing but problems... and mls cometic was 50/50

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info