3800 emissions, have you gone?

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
J/O I hear that they go through your pcm and see if you are throwing codes, if you are you fail. Also on the letter it says if you have an engine light on and you fix it you have to give it a few days before you can take it in. So you cant just erase them with the A-Tap and then go cause I think they'll know. :unsure:

I

imported_GraFFix

I went...and passed, with out a CAT.

Like fredo said...as long as you have no SES light and the PCM isnt throwing any codes then your fine.

I have my CAT code taken out of the PCM also...

97 and above..they just do a OBDII test and dont put you on the rollers.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Promptly after putting together the CSC car, I got my final notice for emissions, DOH! Fortunately, I called up a pcm guy and pulled out any extraneous codes. Drove it for a few days and took it in. No problems. Although the guys working on the car were sure looking at it funny. After I had my 'pass' printout firmly in hand, I revealed what was under the hood.... Think 'Matrix' where they walk into the Agent Building. ;)

Ironically enough, I just did some scheduled maitenance to the GTP and I promptly got an emissions notice, damn my luck.

Charles

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
i thought to explain something though.

If your car is OBD-II compliant all you are required to do is pass a computer test. If you pass the computer test you are good to go, regardless of what the car is doing :) If you fail the computer test, you have the option to get it repaired and come back and redo the computer test. OR you have the option to go on the dyno. If you fail the dyno; however, you must come back and pass the dyno portion.

Hope that helps.

P.S. Do not think you can go in there and just clear your codes right before and pass. They can tell if all of the tests have had time to run or not and how long since the computer memroy was cleared. If you have done a reset, they will know and they will tell you to come back later.

Charles

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hey I have to go for emissions testing befor June.
But I have had an ses lihgt for a cple months. It is for the insuffucuent catalyst code. Can I have this code taken out? ALso I need to have my ICCU programmeded into my DHP.

Can my local PCM guy do this for me?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

My Dad had some problems with his T/A, his light wasn't on, but there were some codes present since he just did some work on it. It was related to him putting his old program back in. If you do any work on it or disconnect the battery, you will need to run it for a bit before taking it in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info