Hooking up a boost gauge to my turbo 04

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So basically I have everything swapped over to my supercharged 04 from my smashed turbo 04, runs and drives great.

But I have a digital boost gauge that I don't remember how it was hooked up. This is a picture of the digital gauge, the wiring and the wiring it was hooked up to under the hood. Looks like it was kinda rigged so I wanna do it right.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421950497.192549.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421950545.799021.jpg

What am I looking at and what do I do to make it work. Currently the boost "bars" on the info center work if that matters.

Thanks
-Nick
[MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421950460.246021.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421950460.246021.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 46

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Looks like that green wire was tied into the maf sensor, that plug looks like a maf sensor extention harness, other than that I have no clue what colors go where, I would see if you can print out a diagram off the manufactures websight, or switch to a mechanical boost gauge

Er that could be the map sensor harness that would make more sense lol it's been a while since I've messed with a 3800

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
your pictures suck but imma take a chance that the white wire has some sort of red wire connected to it under that shitty tape job?

the black wire has a black wire connected t it at the other end of the sibling to the other shitty tape job.

i cant tell if the tan/blue are the same length but it looks like the blue is cutoff shorter...is that white at the end of it a label?

if the blue wire/insulation is the same length as the wire strands of the brown then id guess the brown was the signal wire to the green map sensor wire.

look at the ends and figure out how a younger dumber version of yerself woulda just snipped shit to yank it out of an old car...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ok imma go on a limb here....

the white/black are possibly power/ground, what was in the other end of the crimp connector? can you see the orig wire insulation colors on the cut sides?

its likely then that the two green wires at the map adaptor are connected to the signal and the signal ground wires

in that case its likely the blue is the signal input and the tan/brown is the signal ground for the map sensor.

if you can be sure that the crimped wires went to power/ground...

if those crimps have green in the other end then the whte/black go to the sensor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list