3800 Propane injection

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
It doesnt work like NOS. Its not a supercharger-it can be used as a fuel suppliment for NOS though. It is catagorized with water/meth injection. Anti-detonate or a IC. I have a kit. Im modifying it for the 3800.

They theory of propane injection is it cools the intake charge down with vapor. Ive heard claims that it increases you octane level up to 110 octane under boost. It works with a hobbs pressure switch-same as WI-you set it to turn on at a particular boost level and it injects.

It seems WI and PI have gotten a bad rap in our community-Maybe because of the avalibility of IC's or not enough testing has gone into it. I will be testing both kits between now and spring to see which "poor mans IC" works better. If I can see a marked reduction in KR after testing im going to start putting these kits together.

Ive heard claims that WI damages your SC-I know some SC's coatings arent to be used with WI(MP112)-Im looking into this carefully with my old M90. If I discover this is true and I am seeing KR reduction-I'll work on a soluton to inject underneith the SC.

You can use them with IC too for increased KR protection. I know im going to be using propane with my MAP IC setup for the increased octane benefits and possible fuel supplement if I decide to use NOS. The PI would be recomended for an ICed engine-you dont want to take a chance on any puddling threw the core.

You can get a propane kit for around $300-$350 but you can put a WI on cheaper.
Im only testing on my car-before I bolt down my MP112 and MAP IC to see if WI or PI is worth it. Im not comparing IC's to WI or PI If you have the $$$$ its a more sure-fire system....If it works out-its that much more protection against KR.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Its water/meth alcohol. The evaperization of the of the misted water and alcohol have cooling and octane increasing properties. It also helps to keep you engine clean. PM me-I have more info.

Im not saying you are. But dont discredit it. Its been used for a long time in europe and in the US. I want to see how it works on the 3800's.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I have used it for a while but I am now getting rid of it becaue I am intercooled and it no longer shows me results. I liked it. It helped out a little with knock. I would say it should get you down about .2 of a pulley with no problem. And for the price you pay, it will be worth the money. If you want, let me know and I will sell you my kit (which is already cut and measured for the GTP) for like $50. I just want to get rid of it before it turns into a garage item. For the money I would recommend it.
Plus one of the coolest thing is showing your friends and them being like...DAMN what the hell is that :D People who do not know about it automatically think you are an extreme racer.
Send me a message if you are interested

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info