3800 Exhaust Question

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
I am going to Jim's place next weekend for a 3" DP, U-Bend delete, and removing the resonator...I am holding off on the rest of the exhaust for a few weeks but my question is how will the car sound with stock catback and and no resonator. I dont want a raspy sounding exhaust. When I complete the catback will it sound raspy without the resonator? Thanks in advance.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Dynomas Super Turbos...

More flow, less noise.

Dyno tests prove it--Dynomax's Super Turbo mufflers are the closest thing you can get to running an open pipe, but a lot quieter. To make things even better, Super Turbos have more features than most other mufflers put together--less backpressure for improved quarter mile times, aluminized construction for long life and good looks, patented flow directors that channel exhaust for maximum performance, and fiberglass matting for a deep, throaty, powerful performance tone.

wlk-17730.jpg

Available at Summit Racing!

John

Originally posted by emersonhart13@Feb 14 2004, 05:39 PM
Isn't the verdict on the street that the resonator really is worth keeping on? The flow increase really does not out perform the increase in sound, unless you like it tthat is...

John
No, especially not if you are keeping stock mufflers. It barely sounds any different without a resonator and you are saving a little bit of weight and increasing flow. As for the Super Turbos, if I bought those, I would have to look into some sort of aftermarket resonator. They drone quite a bit on the highway.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by emersonhart13@Feb 14 2004, 05:29 PM
Dynomas Super Turbos...

More flow, less noise.

Dyno tests prove it--Dynomax's Super Turbo mufflers are the closest thing you can get to running an open pipe, but a lot quieter. To make things even better, Super Turbos have more features than most other mufflers put together--less backpressure for improved quarter mile times, aluminized construction for long life and good looks, patented flow directors that channel exhaust for maximum performance, and fiberglass matting for a deep, throaty, powerful performance tone.

wlk-17730.jpg

Available at Summit Racing!

John
Does jim sell these at his place?

I am going sometime in the near future to get my custom exhaust.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by BLK00GTP+Feb 15 2004, 10:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLK00GTP @ Feb 15 2004, 10:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sweetness@Feb 15 2004, 02:42 AM
If you can keep your stock dp i would love to have it.  When i pull my headers off i won't have a dp to bolt back in place, and my exhaust work won't be ready when i take them off.

BC
I'll try to keep it for you. [/b][/quote]
Same for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info