3800 custom font

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
yup.. if you use a custom font then the client computer needs to have that font file in order to view your site... (or anything that uses that font)

this is why it's generally best to use standard fonts or use images on web sites... Myself personally... if a site prompts me to download anything to view it... I close it and never look back... so not sure if this is a business oriented site or personal... but if it's business oriented... best bet is to keep thing standard

I

imported_GraFFix

the only way to get the other user to see the font you want is to get them to dowload it and load it on there computer. I have seem some sites that will have a notice on it for the user to download the font to view the page correctly..me personally..Im with Horist about not downloading

Now if its for a header of the page or something then you can always make the image with that font..but for the content (text) i would stick with a normal font

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• mybluegtp
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list