3800 Car's done :)

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Didn't make the peak hp I was hoping for :( 420 peak rwhp... prolly jump to 430 once the motor's broken in... but I wanted 460 oh well... that's what sprays for :)

the cool thing though... the torque curve is monster! it comes in super torquey (3600 RPM ~390rwtq all the way to 5250@404rwtq .. then the hp rises big time)

Granted... it's an A4, super loose converter (Vigilante 3600 converter... flashes to 4400 when the old motor was in... will prolly flash to 4000rpm now), plus I have a big ole 12 bolt in now w/3.73 gears... and i'm in full street trim ...

Hopefully I'll have some more impressive 1/4 mile times :)

This 6.3 is going to see alot of nitrous this year :)

http://www.horist.com/images/dyno/dyno.htm

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Ah ok... not sure why i thoguht palatine heh...

I live over in wauconda so not too far :) (though most of the time I'm in schaumburg... i work there and alot of my friends are from that area)

All the work was done by Speed Inc :) dropped the car off last saturday ... and it was done today :)

The show I usually go to are: Thursday ... Fratos (Weathersfied and Roselle in Schaumburg), Friday Rolling Ghettos (Krichoff road, few miles east of 53), Saturday I'll hit Photos in Mt Prospect (wolf & Kensington road) ...

Of course there's irving park & barrington to Bullshit when it's early... and make fun of the ricers... then off to BK off roselle for the fun :)

Mike

847-774-2365

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
damn... the car is definetly not "chicago friendly" hehe
I drove it downtown today to the car show... (I want to get 500 miles on it... change the oil then I can realy open her up)

Was fun though...
Driving down Michigan ... one rev and practically everyone on the sidewalks looks over

I haven't gotten so many thumbs ups and compliments on the car in years! Seemed everytime we left a parking lot someone would start talking about it.. or as we were stopped at a light a taxi would give a thumbs up or someone on the street would ask me to rev it :)

Scared alot of people too hehe... Was filling up at the gas station... saw 2 people walking in front of the car (walked past it) so I started it w/my foot slightly on the gas ... both of them jumped! hehe

Then we were on Clark and one of those horse driven carriages was 2 spots ahead of me... there were some kids in the back waving to us so we waved back... then I revved her (let it climb to 5K).. the horse looked back and the kids jumped back!

Only things that sucked driving it today were:
1. the car started smoking! (on the inside!!!! when they put my cat-back back up they idn't align my electric cutout properly... so it got stuck and started to overheat the circuit (didn't help that I had a fuse that was WAY too big in))

2. My gas mileage SUX!!!! I filled up yesterday at 3:00pm ... at 120 miles since hte fillup the gas gauge was on E... filled her up and she needed 13 gallons...

so I'm getting 9.2mpg city ... so it's going to be an expensive year hehe

3. The car isn't very .. chicago friendly heh... it doesn't idle very good in drive (due to the huge cam) so it likes to die when I come to a stop ... so I had to "two foot" it most of the time... riding the brake while giving the car enough gas to stay alive... but I'll fix this today... just need to tweak the PCM a little

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
possibly... i'll have to see when the next Mod Day is... problem is... when I attend GP events I wanna drive the GTP :) plus... getting 9mpg the TA is going to be parked most of the time heheh

Just checked your profile.. and your close to orland park... FWIW the MFBA (midwest F-Body Association has a meeting at the hooters in Orland Park on the 21st at 7pm ... I'll have the TA out to that (unless it snows) so feel free to swing by...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info