3800 Advertising...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Guys and Gals (If any :) ):

I have been avidly involved in the Taurus SHO community for about 4 years now, and own a shop that mods them and sells parts for them, www.midwestsho.com.

I've had my GTP for about 4 months now and it's mildly modded (mid 13's), but I digress.

We are in the process of expanding our product lines with the introduction of a new website, which will have a fair amount of W body parts, including parts from some of the bigger named companies you guys are used to buying from.

I won't post the link unless given permission, because I don't want to step on any toes, but I'm curious as to whether or not the club sells banner space. I would also be happy to extend a discount to those who are ILGPC or Chicago GPC members.

I'm not sure who to contact, but if any of you can lead me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Have a look at the above link to see what we do now. We have a lot of new and custom parts machined too. I know we already have 2" thick adjustable control arms in the works, as we use the GTP control arms on the SHOs.

Anyhow, that's all for now. Hopefully I can get as involved in this club as I am with the SHO clubs.

~ Mike

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Feb 13 2004, 07:12 PM
Guys and Gals (If any :) ):

I have been avidly involved in the Taurus SHO community for about 4 years now, and own a shop that mods them and sells parts for them, www.midwestsho.com.

I've had my GTP for about 4 months now and it's mildly modded (mid 13's), but I digress.

We are in the process of expanding our product lines with the introduction of a new website, which will have a fair amount of W body parts, including parts from some of the bigger named companies you guys are used to buying from.

I won't post the link unless given permission, because I don't want to step on any toes, but I'm curious as to whether or not the club sells banner space.  I would also be happy to extend a discount to those who are ILGPC or Chicago GPC members.

I'm not sure who to contact, but if any of you can lead me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.  Have a look at the above link to see what we do now.  We have a lot of new and custom parts machined too.  I know we already have 2" thick adjustable control arms in the works, as we use the GTP control arms on the SHOs. 

Anyhow, that's all for now.  Hopefully I can get as involved in this club as I am with the SHO clubs.

~ Mike
cool

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I have a GT, the naturally aspirated version of your GTP...no M90 or anything. But, I am working for 13's, visit my garage for my mods list.

Coming up next is a custom exhaust using S&S headers, to a straight pipe, then a single exhaust straight back. No restrictions like a cat, resonator or anything.

Following that will be ported and polished heads with a 3 or 4-angle valve job, and milled down for around 10:1 compression, maybe ill run a tad more (10.2 with the MLS head gaskets). I still have to talk to AES Racing to see how high I can go and still run 93 octane w/o knock. With my mods and those two things should easily have me into the 13s, assuming all goes well. Then the 3.69 gears with an -HD conversion with an LSD upgrade should drop me at or below what Wes Blair is running. Then, assuming I have anything left in the bank, I'll hook up a wet kit and push for 12s.

By the end of summer, I should be able to hit 14.2 at worst, and end of next summer should bring me to 13s.

Maybe I'm exaggerating some 1/4 mile times here, but 13's will cost me a good deal of $$.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Curiously, why not just do an L67 swap? You like a challenge? :)

If that's the case I can certainly relate. I spent 4 years turning this from an 18 second car to a 15 second car:

mikeflyby.jpg

Edit: the blue car, not the car the picture was taken from.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info