3800 Fiberglass work...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Fiberglas work sounds like fun. After seeing the pic of Superchargedgp's cubby I feel like making something. I once made a hood scoop about ten years ago, my first fiberglas project. It wasjust about the ugliest lumpy thing you'veever seen. I ened up buying a 10" snorkel scoop, my wouldn't that look funky on a GP.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hey Ron, they have an assortment of different style hood scoops at JCWhitney.com

Your a body man-Do you paint? Im getting a SLP hood. Its painted white already and I need it in black. Im thinking that sense its already been painted it wont require alot of the initial prep-work. Cant it be DAed down and just painted? If this is your forte how much can you do this for?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'd be aprehensive of doing a large area like a hood. My only "good" gun is my Binks touch up gun, I'd be ok with laying down the primer and basecoat, but it's a little dicey laying down that large an area of clear. Spray pattern isn't that wide and I could end up with some "dry" overspray. I'm more set-up to do like spoilers, bumpers, doors, etc. You'd be surpised at just how much prep it might need, it's hard to tell until the primer's laid down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list