3800 Intense Vs ZZP

I

imported_Diavolo

Although I would like to see INTENSE win, I think ZZP won (although the posts on clubGP seem otherwise). I don't know why but the with Zoomers knowledge off of the XP cam, it seems like he could squeeze the some extra hp. In reality, though, The S3 and XPZ are probably VERY close.

Now everyone is crying about the ZZP cam was "shut down" early... lol what babies. I don't know the reason why it may have been shut down early, but it is crap that people are bickering when all they were trying to prove is that the ZZP cam doesnt produce all this extra HP Zooomer got for his dynos.

They proved it..... maybe yes the ZZP cam might squeeze out an adittional few HP if ran to 7K RPM, but it is still not th reason or explaination of how Zooomer achieved his 410HP dyno.

INTENSE is right when they say the cam did not do it... there is something else... something really big obviously. Zooomer can't explain either.

It is proof though from these tests tha the cam will not do it alone... he has something else. Tuning will also not net you 60 HP, so i am interested in finding out what exactly he did to get those numbers.

It seems only a M112 will get you those numbers, or NOS.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by blitzu@Feb 13 2004, 12:54 AM

INTENSE is right when they say the cam did not do it... there is something else... something really big obviously. Zooomer can't explain either.

It is proof though from these tests tha the cam will not do it alone... he has something else. Tuning will also not net you 60 HP, so i am interested in finding out what exactly he did to get those numbers.

stroked motor :rolleyes:

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
flame me if you will but .....

if you look at the xpz power curve it was still climbing when shut down. If that was MY product and that is how it was being "compared", I'd be pissed quite frankly.

(Sorry I get pissed REAL quickly when it comes to unfair comparisons. I deal with this myself... One of my competitors claims to optimize their fuel curve when in fact their unit runs BONE STOCK fueling. The same competitor claims that we blindly make torque reduction changes when in fact this competitor has the SAME torque reduction changes down to a 3 digit precision..... :unsure:, needless to say I'm all but fed up with unfair comparisons....)

The S3 ran pretty much dead even from 6400 - 7000.

It should also be noted that when zoomer/zzp discuss this cam's power potential they CLEARLY state they run it to 7K. So if they ran the S3 to 7K and ZZP said their results were at 7K, why is that one shut down at 6400? I don't see a good reason for that at all.

Also, didn't any of you notice the 15 ft/lbs of torque the XPZ had over the S3.

NO these #'s are not going to be 60HP, but nowhere has ZZP said the cam makes 60HP. BUT, they DID say that the XPZ makes the most power on M90 applications and I'm willing to be had that dyno been run to 7K, it probably would have barely eekeed out that S3.

Eiuther way though, those cams are pretty competitive and I do appreciate that Intense made more efforts to make the second comparison more even.

malaka

Dec 22, 2008
Originally posted by beyerch@Feb 13 2004, 01:55 AM
flame me if you will but .....

if you look at the xpz power curve it was still climbing when shut down. If that was MY product and that is how it was being "compared", I'd be pissed quite frankly.

(Sorry I get pissed REAL quickly when it comes to unfair comparisons. I deal with this myself... One of my competitors claims to optimize their fuel curve when in fact their unit runs BONE STOCK fueling. The same competitor claims that we blindly make torque reduction changes when in fact this competitor has the SAME torque reduction changes down to a 3 digit precision..... :unsure:, needless to say I'm all but fed up with unfair comparisons....)

The S3 ran pretty much dead even from 6400 - 7000.

It should also be noted that when zoomer/zzp discuss this cam's power potential they CLEARLY state they run it to 7K. So if they ran the S3 to 7K and ZZP said their results were at 7K, why is that one shut down at 6400? I don't see a good reason for that at all.

Also, didn't any of you notice the 15 ft/lbs of torque the XPZ had over the S3.

NO these #'s are not going to be 60HP, but nowhere has ZZP said the cam makes 60HP. BUT, they DID say that the XPZ makes the most power on M90 applications and I'm willing to be had that dyno been run to 7K, it probably would have barely eekeed out that S3.

Eiuther way though, those cams are pretty competitive and I do appreciate that Intense made more efforts to make the second comparison more even.
Exactly!!!

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
I do not like ZZP and I have had my problems with intense in the past.
I for one will not become a leg humeper for either camp. Seems like alot of this has been going on lately.

PPL step back and look at things objectively.
I am glad that INTENSE is sponsoring 100%. This is a win win situation for both sides. We will get the knowledge of a powerhouse and maybe some exposure and INTENSE will get a lot of revenue from us.

But I for one will continue to buy products from any vendor that has a goo d product that will benefit me in the long run. Be it INTENSE.. ZZP.. DHP...CYA RACING ..CASPERS...PJR....ETC ETC!!

I hope this club does not become a CAMP specific club. With some of the posts I have seen lately.. I think its headed that way.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Originally posted by alexgtp@Feb 13 2004, 08:33 AM
I do not like ZZP and I have has my problems with intense in the past.
I for one will not become a leg humeper for either camp. Seems like alot of this has been going on lately.

PPL step back and look at things objectively.
I am glad that INTENSE is sponsoring 100%. This is a win win situation for both sides. We will get the knowledge of a powerhouse and maybe some exposure and INTENSE will get a lot of revenue from us.

But I for one will continue to buy products from any vendor that has a goo dproduct that will benefit me in the long run. Be it INTENSE.. ZZP.. DHP...CYA RACING ..CASPERS...PJR....ETC ETC!!

I hope this club does not become a CAMP specific club. With some of the posts I have seen lately.. I think its headed that way.
Agreed! Both companies are innovators in the GP community. Why choose one side over the other. Each has something great to offer and your decision should be based on what is best for your application not just be cause Intense is a sponsor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info