3800 3.0 pulley is OK to run w/ my mods??

I recently put on TOGS (a week ago this past sunday) and was running a 3.0 pulley for a few days after. i scanned the car and during wot i would spike at like 5.5KR then it would drop. this was from like a 40-70 punch. I have yet to do a complete stop. I"ve since switched back to the 3.25 and noticed the car not being as quick as it was w/ the 3.0. I've read and been told the a 3.0 is NOT a good choice w/o an intercooler and i've also read the you'll notice a difference if the pulley isnt doing its job. When i had the 3.0 ON, the car ran VERY quick and now it just sorta seems blah, even WITH the headers. My mods should be in my sig. can i switch back to the 3.0 during the winter then go back to 3.25 in the summer? the car just doesnt seem to run as quick w/ the setup now, which is kind of dissapointing. Help would be nice :D

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
It will be somewhat faster then a 3.25 if you can support it. You have to remember if your seeing knock or if your timing is so pulled then your not going to see any gains out of it. You can slap on a 2.7 pulley and run it once and say damn that was fast. But its going to see knock pull timing and then be alot slower. Right now you might be safe with a 3.1 no telling how long though. For your mods being able to run a 3.0 is really good even with 5.5 degs of kr. Alot of people with your mods see that much knock with a 3.25

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by 99gulfbluegtp@Feb 11 2004, 06:37 PM
is there any reason then as to why my car feels so sluggish now w/ the headers? maybe since i'm not hitting as much boost now, i'm not getting the "jolt" i get from when the supercharger kicks in.
The sluggishness you're witnessing is the result of a loss of low rpm torque which is pretty common after installing TOGs on the same pulley size. I noticed it when I had mine installed too. It's not that the tq is dissappearing, more that the decreased restriction from the higher flow headers redistributes it higher in the rpm band. It's a good thing...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info