3800 So the dealer called me today..

so i get a call today from the dealer that is servicing my car. they tell me that my problem is with my exhaust system, and because the exhaust is not covered under warranty that i need to go back to the place that i got it installed at. WTF? my engine mis-firing and the supercharger making a metallic sound when it gives boost somehow resides in the exhaust? im going to stop over there in about 20 mins and let them know what i think, any suggestions on to what i should tell them? btw it's finish line dodge in glenview. thanks

--Adam

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You need to tell them that the exhaust has nothing to do with the functionality of the supercharger. They I dont know about misfires, but I highly doubt that the exhaust has anything to do with that either. Sounds like they are trying to get out of fixing it.

ok so listen to this...i went over to the dealer and had a talk with them. they said (finsh line dodge) that because the car isnt a dodge they had the loren pontiac dealer down the street look at my car. fine, its still covered under warranty i dont care. my ses light has been on for the past week or so, throwing codes p420 (exhaust, no cat) and p0300 (random multiple missfires) they said they didnt even know the check engine light was on, so i told them to send the car back, and your going to keep sending it back untill the problem is fixed. how the hell can you not know the check enging light is on? did they not even get into the car? the guy at finish line told me that pontiac didnt drive the car, if my problem only happens when the car is actually in motion what good does that do me? ARGHHH! but the good news is that pontiac is working a late shift in the service dpt. tonight (3-11) so hopefully ill know what is going on by later this evening. dealerships piss me off

do you have a cat on the car? is it original?
If the cat is plugged or bad, you could experience the issues you have.
if you have an non-stock exhaust (regardless if they touched the cat or not) the dealer will not touch it.

ask them specifically what part of the exhaust and specific reason why they came to that conclusion....

currently my cat is gutted out, which is the reason i have the p0420 code. its the rt downpipe w/cat. it seems to me like they just dont feel like fixing it or something along those lines, but the engine mis-firing shouldnt have anything to do with the exhaust because its completely free-flowing, the only restrictions should be the mufflers, if any.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info