3800 Whats everyone think

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Those spring will blow your current stock struts out within a day or two. The drop is to aggressive for the stockers. KYB's are also NOT a good idea. If you want to do it right and have good ride quality i would get the GMPP kit and use the koni's that come with that and sell the springs. You could also talk to mybluegtp he just bought a set of struts. I forget the brand name but he got a really good deal on them and im not sure if he has installed them yet.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Well how much is the GMPP kit and where do I find it? I mean I'm not looking to spend a ton. I only got these cuz they were cheap and I was planning on doing them eventually. Guess I didn't know what I got myself into. Can't I just got some differnt struts? And also whats a good company?

mybluegtp what and where did u get ur struts?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
be careful about those koni's. They aren't designed for GP's, but for SHO's. they were just modified ones that were placed on the market because no one was making performance struts for the GP. IIRC the GMPP kit is somewhere around $700, but you should be able to get your cost of springs back with the sale of the kit springs.

BC

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I have eibach springs on stock struts...

works fine.. a little pogo when going over big bumps...

been using them for almost a year... bo problems, except when you park, and forget your lowered, and hit the parking curb..

I can take you for a ride, if you want to feel the pogo.. not enough pogo to bother me.. hardly noticable....

All depends on the car though...

John

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
If you want to keep it inexpensive then here is a method that is suppose to help reduce pogo on stock struts, or kyb struts.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=94...tmode=1&smode=1

Its a long read, but a lot have done it. My only thought is that the extra force being put on the stock struts is going to wear them out quicker than usaul. But all that may mean, is instead of lasting 100,000 miles they last 80,000. I dont think there is any good evidence though of this extra wear. Also, I think with the kyb struts, you get a lifetime warranty anyways. So if they did wear out faster then you would just have to pay for installation. Or have mod day everytime.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by ThaLord@Feb 11 2004, 05:38 PM
I have eibach springs on stock struts...

works fine.. a little pogo when going over big bumps...

been using them for almost a year... bo problems, except when you park, and forget your lowered, and hit the parking curb..

I can take you for a ride, if you want to feel the pogo.. not enough pogo to bother me.. hardly noticable....

All depends on the car though...

John
Well are you coming to mongolain with us on thursday?

G

GTPLEE

Originally posted by 98GPGT+Feb 11 2004, 05:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (98GPGT @ Feb 11 2004, 05:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sweetness@Feb 11 2004, 05:11 PM
IIRC the GMPP kit is somewhere around $700, but you should be able to get your cost of springs back with the sale of the kit springs.

BC
you think so? Well which springs would be better? I assume they're around the same quality. [/b][/quote]
98GPGT you can also try this combo package from MSP I dont know how well they work but it seems like almost comparably to the GMPP

http://www.xtremeperformancestores.com/mot...ducts_frame.htm

B+G Sport Lowering Springs / KYB GR-2 Replacement Struts Combo

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Originally posted by BLK00GTP+Feb 12 2004, 08:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLK00GTP @ Feb 12 2004, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-emersonhart13@Feb 11 2004, 05:47 PM
I am going to be installing Revised Eibachs and new KYBs. I hears they work fine just do not last quite as long as the Koni's will.

John
Revised Eibach? Did they change their pro-kit? [/b][/quote]
From 3800 Performance:

- These are the revised version which have redesigned front springs which lower the front more than the old version.
- Grand Prix Lowering Specs: lowers front approximately 1.3", lowers rear approximately 1.0"

I guess they used to do 1 inch on both ends but after they realized the sag problem they changed to 1.3 up front.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info