3800 How stupid

antpearl

Regular
Nov 21, 2008
Palatine
First, I should preface this by saying that NASCAR is the 2nd most watched sport in the USA. The Daytona 500 draws a larger crowd than the SuperBowl and NASCAR fans are by far the most loyal to team driver brands. With that said, why the f**k did Pontiac decide to withdraw from NASCAR? Wait, it gets worse...

Autoweek February 9, 2004 (pg 36) : "General Motors officials confirmed the Pontiac division will tap former U.S. Rally racer-cum-aftermarket parts guru Rhys Millen to take a factory-sponsored Pontiac GTO into the Sports Car Club of America's Formula Drift Series. The new racing series...Pontiac will also take the GTO road racing in Grand-Am next year with the Pratt & Miller team."

What a load of CRAP!!! They can't back a multi-million dollar a year industry but they can drift? What pieces of shit run this organization?

just my .02

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Seems smart to me. They are attracting a different market than chevy, increasing their profits. they already have chevy in nascar so there was no reason for pontiac to be competing against them. Now pontiac moves off to be the younger performance oriented division. Anyhow, the GTO is supposed to be incredibly well balanced at the handling limit. It was just a matter of time before people started using the gto anyhow. I was pissed when pontiac originally left i was pissed too, but now it seems like a good move. They need younger buyers.

BC

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
chevy has pretty much dominated the last few years.

Granted pontiac won the championship in 2000 with labonte and 2002 with stewart.

But Joe Gibbs took his teams to Chevy cause there was more factory support. That ended Pontiac....they got one win last year with craven winning by about 2 inches. But the other teams who drove a GP all sucked and ran at the back if they even made the race.

So i agree it was smart since they were paying to run in the back and not get seen.

BUT...they also lost the GP as the pace car...now its the Taurus I believe which sucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info