3800 Looing for some advice

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Im planning on doing the following this spring.

S&S headers (coated by jet-hot)

Custom DP by Jim and Custom exhaust

INTENSE™ Third Generation Full Roller Rocker Arms

INTENSE™ Stage 1 Blower Cam

Possibly a 3.25" or 3.0" Pulley.

I already have:
DHP
180 T-Stat
FWI
3.4"

Question is, is this a good setup as far as parts go. What times could I expect with this setup. Im already sitting w/ a PB of 13.779. Im looking to have fun with the car on the street and strip, and spanking an LS1 ocasionally. But is this combination of parts good? Please share some idea's. Thanks!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Don't do higher lift rockers if you do a cam, and even though the rockers are sweet (i'm talking about the stock lift full rollers)they won't give you much gain until you go with a bigger cam. I'd say with a good launch you could pull off a real low 13. Take the money you would have spent on the rockers and get some trans work or LSD, that'll cut more of your ET's.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
with the intense stage 1 blower cam you can only use 1.75 rockers.

The intense 1x uses stock rockers it says.

The Stage 1 Cam is perfect for use with stock heads, lifters, rocker arms, springs, retainers, and pushrods. You can use 1.75:1 rockers for additional lift if you are using stock heads, or you can use even higher rocker arm ratios with modified cylinder heads.

The new Stage 1X Cam is the IDEAL aftermarket cam for use with stock heads, lifters, rocker arms, springs, retainers, and pushrods.

Intense Cam

I'm looking at the same mods as you for this yeah...just debating on the cam....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list