3800 Blue GTO!!!!

The blue ones really do look nice... was my second choice, but these 6 speeds are so hard to come by right now in a decent looking color, you almost have to pick up the first one you find.

Damn freaking people all wanting automatics with these GTO's..... there should be a 2/3 ratio on manuals to automatics... a freaking disgrace putting a four speed auto in a rearwheel drive LS1. It makes me sick :p

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
Originally posted by blitzu@Feb 8 2004, 10:22 PM
a freaking disgrace putting a four speed auto in a rearwheel drive LS1.  It makes me sick    :p
So.... wanna race my disgrace er rear drive A4 LS1? :lol: :p It's slow really... really...

I even got an A3 rear drive LS1 I can get a race setup with :) stock motor to boot (internals are the same s they deay it was built)

damn autos ... so slow and disgraceful :p (sorry... I hate it when people rip on the 4L60E ... tranny can perform well both autocross and excels at drag racging applications... )

(FWIW GM would prefer to sell more M6 than A4s too... cause the M6 get slightly better gas mileage so it helps their cafe rating... )

Originally posted by horist+Feb 8 2004, 11:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (horist @ Feb 8 2004, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blitzu@Feb 8 2004, 10:22 PM
a freaking disgrace putting a four speed auto in a rearwheel drive LS1.  It makes me sick    :p
So.... wanna race my disgrace er rear drive A4 LS1? :lol: :p It's slow really... really...

I even got an A3 rear drive LS1 I can get a race setup with :) stock motor to boot (internals are the same s they deay it was built)

damn autos ... so slow and disgraceful :p (sorry... I hate it when people rip on the 4L60E ... tranny can perform well both autocross and excels at drag racging applications... )

(FWIW GM would prefer to sell more M6 than A4s too... cause the M6 get slightly better gas mileage so it helps their cafe rating... ) [/b][/quote]
No, I didn't mean to rip on you, I didn't even know you had a A4. I just meant it towards the GTO's in general. A4's are known to have the upper hand in the quartermile for sure, that is a fact. I just like having control over the vehicle, and the manual has the upper hand on road courses. There is always a good chance of user error with manuals as to where Autos don't.

I didn't mean to put ya down! I just feel for the GTO's the ratio of manuals to Auto's should be much different. And I am sure you'll take me with your car... I never said a auto is slow :)

If you do put a driver whoknows how to shift really well a manual will have a advantage though.

I

imported_GraFFix

ttiwwp.gif

Originally posted by horist@Feb 9 2004, 09:15 AM
I know :) I didn't take offense hence the toungue dudes :p :) Just gotta stick up for my lil ole 4L60E :D (even if the only part in it that came from the factory is the outer shell :D)

It's all good
Yeah,that's what is so dangerous about racing a F-body.... you never could tell what they have done to them, there is souch that can be done.

Here Graphics... BLUE GTO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info