3800 exhaust x489^12

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
sweetness, Isent this to your inbox since I know you're familiar with this. But for the other people:

I have no idea whatsoever what to do with my exhaust anymore. I'm looking to run high 13's with my GT when I'm done, all natural.

Zoomer recommended the S&S headers, especially considering i lost a good deal of torque with the GT2 cam and 90lb springs. Would this be a good choice? Also, what bolts and gaskets do I need? I heard they weren't usable after a couple deinstall/installs. I ESPECIALLY need new bolts, but don't know which, size, thread, etc.

Also, what about for a cat-back? Actually, I'm not going to be running a cat...but either way, i need an exhaust from the cat (area)-back. What do you recommend? Wes from INTENSE is running TOG's with SLP loudmouth 2.5 back, but I really need the torque. I was also thinking on running a single exhaust straight to the right bank, rather than splitting to a Y and running dual. But since the S&S merge at 2.5", I dont think a 2.5" cat-back would be practical. Should I run a 2.25" or a 2" to retain some scavenging effect to keep torque, or just I just run the 2.5 straight back from the 2.5" merge at the headers.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just SOO lost on what to do, and I want this done on valentines day weekend.

Thanks

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You are not losing torque. It is being redistributed further in the powerband. You figure you would want that so that makes for easier launching. Theres a thread in the L36 forums saying how the few people that have togs on their gt lost little if not no low end torque.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by 12secGTP+Feb 9 2004, 01:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (12secGTP @ Feb 9 2004, 01:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sweetness@Feb 7 2004, 12:48 PM
Post up at clubgp and see if you can find out the p/n of the heades gaskets people have been using from felpro.
how about just asking me??? :p ;) I AM the part number man :D

oh BTW the Felpro exhaust gasket p/n is: MS95808
GM p/n for stock gaskets is 24506057

Your welcome :p B)

Chrys [/b][/quote]
How about the exhaust bolts? :)

And Wes is running TOG headers, no resonator, no cat, to an SLP 2.5 loudmouth. Personally, I know how to launch my car pretty well, and I can adapt easily, so an "easier" launch wouldn't mean much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info