Has anyone seen this rare 3800?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Block casting: 25531617

James be like :run:

i had to lookup the first 4 but i know the last 4 by heart for finding another 95

1995 VIN L OR VIN 1 SUPERCHARGED The block that was used for both of these applications in ’95 was unique. It had the same 24502441 casting number that was used in ’94, but it was modified to share some common components with the new Series II (VIN K) motor that was introduced for most of the naturally-aspirated applications in ’95. So, three of the bolt holes for the oil pan were relocated to fit the new VIN K pan gasket, the cam thrust plate was held on with two bolts instead of three, and there was an extra hole drilled in an ear that stuck out on the passenger side of the block. Mixing this block up with one of the earlier ones will cost you money, so verify the application by counting the bolt holes for the cam thrust plate. If it has two, it’s a ’95 block.

Doesn't look like a top swap to me, that looks nothing like the 3800 M62.

i had the l67 topend on my ln3, the vc breather vent was right there.

id bet its a pre production sc but the tb setup is identical

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
......They'd have an old, heavy, inefficient engine design for no reason?

Please tell us more about how old, heavy, and inefficient the 3800 is :hsughlol:

But I agree that the L67 should have come factory inter-cooled. And it's not like the 4t65e couldn't have had a 4140 input shaft, pump shaft, and a few other upgrades factory that it couldn't have handled the power just fine.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Please tell us more about how old, heavy, and inefficient the 3800 is :hsughlol:

But I agree that the L67 should have come factory inter-cooled. And it's not like the 4t65e couldn't have had a 4140 input shaft, pump shaft, and a few other upgrades factory that it couldn't have handled the power just fine.

GM's lame attempt to stay relevant while cutting a lot of corners on a
platform they figured wouldn't get much attention like the previous gen
didn't get any attention worth noting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info