3800 Some Pics.... no 56k

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Ok.. yesterday was a fun day... we spent hours ripping out Bumpins stereo stuff out of hales new car.. The company who put it in sucks at wiring, never let those guys touch your car... I am posting some of these for bumpin to complain.. he paid a fortune to have this installed, and it looked good, but once we opened it.. and seen the wiring job.. we were glad to take this rolling road hazard out...

here are some pics....

ahh.. the car.... notice the Intense-Racing sticker...... Go Intense...

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
ps2-1

PS2 Install
ps2-1small.jpg

PS2 Coming Out
ps2-3small.jpg

PS2 Out
ps2-4small.jpg

This is their AV Distribution Center?

wiring1small.jpg

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
notice.. the key features... like.. the 4 guage wire crimped... the mess of wires... of course this is why the blower wasn't working...

Several hours of work.. but that rolling road hazard is no longer a hazard... bumpin picked out nice equipment.. and paid a fortune for the install... this just goes to show.. you never know what kind of job you are going to get.. and you should watch..

all the bare wires.. no wonder things were shorting out...

Also.. notice a little GTO in there?

John

I

imported_Ron Vogel

A buddy of mine always goes and has his stereo wiring done, and I always end up fixing it. It seems to be a trend with some of these shops, since he's had the same problem with different shops. The last one I fixed they put two sets of splitters off the rca lines coming from the head unit. They did this, and they could have used the outgoing rca's from the amps themselves, which had built in crossovers, so we were able to take a crossover network out of the chain. That alone took away a bunch of noise and enhanced the resolution. Then they said one of the amps had a blown channel and couldn't fix it. It was a loose contact on the rca jack to that channel, if you pushed on it a little, it worked perfectly fine. On top of that, this is a '69 Chevelle - They drilled holes to route wires when they didn't have to, and when they did, they didn't use rubber grommets for the holes. Then they put a fancy looking power wire from front to back (4 gauge), then only 1-10 gauge ground? I've said it before, and this is why I don't like other people working on my car.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
oh yeah.. that reminds me.. instead of using a converter (that you can get anywhere) to convert the PS2 to use 12v.. they stuck a cheap DC-AC Inverter all the way in the back.. and Hale asks.. can that cause a lot of noise... :)

Showed this to Justin's dad.. and all he could do was shake his head...

John

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The first time I saw the PS/2 install in the dash, I was kind of shocked a shop did it that way. I can think of several ways to make that look cleaner. Why couldn't they use plastic push-pins instead of bolts, or maybe color match? They did all that work making the fiberglass form, why not go all the way and finish it? I looked at the pics and it left me wondering if it's from the same shop my buddy used, I'll have to ask him. What's the name of that place?

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
oh yeah.. that reminds me.. instead of using a converter (that you can get anywhere) to convert the PS2 to use 12v.. they stuck a cheap DC-AC Inverter all the way in the back.. and Hale asks.. can that cause a lot of noise...
the shit will hit the fan in about an hour when i call the shop, the owner is a friend of mine but i dont care, im pissed now, i PAID EXTRA for a converter to be put in :angry:

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Why couldn't they use plastic push-pins instead of bolts, or maybe color match?
the bolts were my idea, we were going to do the whole interior graphite with bolts on the trim, the original install was BADASS, i'll post a pic later, it looked like it was truly meant to be there, but some jackass decided to steal my car and fuck it all up

and the shop was Mr. 50's Customs

Originally posted by Jamie231@Feb 5 2004, 01:39 PM
hey blitzu, you can eliminate the skip shift with a &.99 resistor from radio shack. I think its a 2.2k ohm resistor. I might have a couple lying around
I'm not sure exactly, Casper's makes them, Justin will know. We'll see if he chimes in and enlightens us!

Why, you odn't want to spend the $12 to get that from Casper's? With there's they give you two plugs so that nothing is exposed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info