3800 Can i take a BMW.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
A buddy of mine just got a 1987 BMW 325es. Its a manual tranny... and he took me out yesterday for a ride. The thing is very quick ones he gets the shifts down. The only problem he has is from neutral to 1st gear. Being that is the hardest combination to get used to... we are going to take it from a 5-10mph roll. The car is very light and its RWD. Also, when he shifts, (from like 1-2 or 2-3 or 3-4) he holds the clutch in for about 3 seconds... he is a slow shifter.. but he punches it right after (obviously). Just wondering your thoughts on what the outcome will be.

I will be posting a video on it later.. but due to his request, he doesnt wanna video tape the race. just of our 2 cars before the race... (better than nothing) <_<

-Ryan

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Well.. we raced right after school. We took it to a semi deserted road with alot of stop lights and known for slim to no cops. I raced him a total of 6 times. and the result was GP-6 BMW-0. 4 of the 6 were from a red light... the other two were from 20 mph and 30 mph. He kept beating me off the line because he has brand new tires that will not spin. Mine always spin.. so at about 7mph from a dead stop.. i would mash it. I would catch up and pass him by about 30 mph. He was about 1-2 cars back by the time i shut down... 1 race i kept going to 90mph.. and he was 3-4 cars back. Once he gets really good at shifting, it will be a very fun race. Good thing iut was dry out today.

GPbmw.jpg

BMW.jpg

He was a member on here before the switch. known as Net Mechanica.

-thanks guys
ryan

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Feb 5 2004, 10:57 AM
The only problem he has is from neutral to 1st gear
i think you mean just getting the car going from a stop, cuz you should NEVER have a problem going from neutral to 1st, LMAO, cuz yer not even moving :lol:
dude.. that is the hardest thing to do.. it is so easy when u are already moving... i think you may have mis interpreted what i said.

edit** i may have ttyped it wrong.. i think u are right. i meant from a stop... letting go of the clutch and GASing it.. hoping you dont stall. That is the hardest for me :-/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info