3800 GM Handling kit question

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Im starting to collect parts for my suspension and I am considering the Handling Upgrade Kit GM PART # pk12456148 from gmpartsdirect.com. My question is does anyone know if the sway bars in the kit are solid? Im also pretty sure this kit doesn't have polyurathane bushings either right? If not should I get the polyurathane bushings and end links from the grandprixstore.com... Just looking for some feedback on this kit. Im not planning on doing autox but I would like a nice responsive suspension for daily driving. Thanks in advance!

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Did you check that part no. with GMPartsdirect? I did some research and that number is for the strut tower brace. The number in the link I found is pk12456148
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?s...mber=pk12456148
I am confused, did they put this package together? Anyway It is almost just as cheep to do it all individual and I already have the strut tower brace and I just ordered the rear trailing arms from my buddy at GM. Are they thinner than the factory ones? I know they are tubular and the factory are U shape.

here are the P/N`s for the poly bushing for the GMPP kit as promised:

Summit (ENS prefix on part numbers)
you have 2 choices for the front. first choice is the actual size:
ENS-3-5131 (34mm front sway bushing NON greasable!).... these tend to rattle.
second choice:
ENS-3-5130G (32mm front sway bushing) this is slighly undersized to prevent rattling but poses a problem since the bracket is 2mm too small so you have to purchase 4 ea 1/2" x 1-1/2" thin zink plated fender washers, and 4 ea 5/16" x 1-1/2" Neoprene Rubber fender washers to shim between the frame and the mounting brackets
ENS-9-5123G (19mm rear sway bushing) The rear bushings are wider than the bracket so you may have to modify the stock bracket to fit these. The bracket that comes with the kit will not work with our "hanging" bracket application.
ENS-9-8106G (End links)

Jeg's (355 prefix on part numbers)
355-9-8106G (End links)
The rest are special order

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info