3800 Mc Master Carr is awesome

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have been drooling over the extensive industrial supplies they have for a couple of months now, but I needed to place an order with them this week. I set-up a business account with them online and placed an order in under 2 minutes, recieved my e-mail confirmation in less than 5 min. I got my product shipped to my door the next day. Unfortunetly, one of the pieces I ordered wrong, I called them this morning, and they were able to do a will call exchange, with no questions asked. Wow...I am surprised how flexible they are. Anyway, anybody here that does any type of fabrication has got to take a look at what they have. Hell, I even found the FWI tube ZZP carries there.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Wow, one of everything? According to them, they carry 410,000 products! I have to admit, I have found some things cheaper at other places. But there is so much from there, I can't find at other places, and they're local.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 4 2004, 10:07 AM
Wow, one of everything? According to them, they carry 410,000 products! I have to admit, I have found some things cheaper at other places. But there is so much from there, I can't find at other places, and they're local.
maybe it was something off every page... either one i am always dealing with many many bills per month from them... They seem pretty good, and no one has complained about them to me and they never hassle us if we have some bills past due, since our corporate A/P is slower then slow sometimes!

I

imported_snoop

i hate mcmaster carr, simply because we supply pallet jacks for them. they are VERY anal when it comes to shipping. we can not be late at all. if we do, we get a warning, and the second time we are late, we are out of the catalog. they want their stuff to come first before orders that where placed before them. they expect miracles at that place.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'm hurt guys, I work at Grainger and we do the same thing, next day delivery, inexpensive shipping, The Big Red Bible Book with over 100,000 products in it, a web site with over 600,000 products available and a parts division with 1.5 million replacement parts available...most parts available next day for the greater Chicago/Indiana/Wisconsin area. I can hook people up with great discounts if they go through me, we're not on commission but not everone here can discount products under the radar as I do. If you have any questions or needs, E-Mail me at [email protected] . For example, I can get power tools cheaper than Home Depot or Lowe's (exact model # match) provided it's a personal C-card purchase.

Don't get me wrong, McMaster Carr is good, they have good products, services and people working for them but Grainger is bigger and better, (I may be rather biased!) plus ILGPC has me to go through if needed. They do, however, have a few things that Grainger doesn't carry though.

PS, The new books are out, E-mail me with your name, address and where you work (don't worry, it's safe) and I can send them out for free.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Feb 4 2004, 09:29 PM
I'm hurt guys, I work at Grainger and we do the same thing, next day delivery, inexpensive shipping, The Big Red Bible Book with over 100,000 products in it, a web site with over 600,000 products available and a parts division with 1.5 million replacement parts available...most parts available next day for the greater Chicago/Indiana/Wisconsin area. I can hook people up with great discounts if they go through me, we're not on commission but not everone here can discount products under the radar as I do. If you have any questions or needs, E-Mail me at [email protected] . For example, I can get power tools cheaper than Home Depot or Lowe's (exact model # match) provided it's a personal C-card purchase.

Don't get me wrong, McMaster Carr is good, they have good products, services and people working for them but Grainger is bigger and better, (I may be rather biased!) plus ILGPC has me to go through if needed. They do, however, have a few things that Grainger doesn't carry though.

PS, The new books are out, E-mail me with your name, address and where you work (don't worry, it's safe) and I can send them out for free.
I walked into the one on 63rd in chicago, and we have an account from work, but they wouldnt give me a discount for a cash transaction.. :angry: policy..F/U :huh:

I bought my I/C pump from them for 75, the flojet, how much could you of got it for?

J/O

BTW..I like mcmaster, grainger, briski, we have a few more too.

i need to special order some bolts too, ill email you very soon.. 8X1.25X90MM ..how much? for how many? I only need 20, but will buy 50 if the price is right or 100 if need be.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I can send to books private addressess but would like to put in some kind of company in the required field. Doing so keeps it under the radar. All I need is the a name of your employer and I can ship it to a residential address. If you can't get one, I guess I can use an accomidation company name.

CoolGTX, I'm sorry that you ran into an issue but many staff won't offer discounts unless they know they aren't offering a can of worms to be opened. I generally help everyone I can. I can even enter ordered with discount here in Rockford to be picked up at the nearest branch to you.

E-mail me at [email protected] with any requests.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Feb 5 2004, 12:03 PM

CoolGTX, I'm sorry that you ran into an issue but many staff won't offer discounts unless they know they aren't offering a can of worms to be opened. I generally help everyone I can. I can even enter ordered with discount here in Rockford to be picked up at the nearest branch to you.

E-mail me at [email protected] with any requests.
cool, thanks, you'll hear from me soon enough... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info