3800 Whens the next mod day

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I am going to have to wait until my car is running again. My dad wants me to get all my shit off the floor( my engine) and all the parts out of my engine. So it will be a couple months. But that will still be before racing season. So after that I am game for whenever. We could have one every month at the shop when it is outdoors. then it does not matter to him.

I am contemplating hosting one here at the shop. We can fit probably 6 or so cars inside at a time. I have gotten MANY MANY PM's in reference to injector cleaning/balancing. I would like to have a mini-mod day / injector cleaning day. It would not be a whole day and night thing but I think it will give everyone a chance to get some stuff done! Any thoughts?????

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I wouldn't mind hosting one this year either. I can fit 2 cars in the garage, 6 in the driveway. And there is street parking still. There are several of us in the Naperville/Bolingbrook/Woddridge area. Prolly can do some sort of mini-mod day. I think what we should do is schedule some mod days that rotate to different areas around Chicagoland, and have a sponsor/big party mod day every other month, or every 3 months. Maybe we should start setting dates on the calendar.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
I agree that we should have everyone that is willing to have one speak up on a different forum. then we can make a calendar for the next 6 months or so with all the chosen dates. I think this will be a nice touch to be so coordinated. Plus everyone will have plenty of notice on when one will be in their neighborhood. Or when the bash of the century is coming up :)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

One more point I wanted to touch on - Services available. On the bigger mod days you can always expect to get most everything done, but the smaller ones might just be for general mods due to who's hosting it has to offer for tools/facilities. (run on sentence) Lets come up with a checklist of things that can be done, so everyone will have realistic expectations of getting their work done (ie: remember intercooler install guy?). I can offer a lot of fabrication services, even have a welder availible. So the mod day can be posted, and those looking at the calendar can also know it is possible that what they want done, can get done. I know, I know, I'm a little anal, but I was once a production coordinator, and it's hard to shrug off the experience.

GTPj

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Chicago
i don't know about a mod day..more like a mod/party...but the park district that is by my house has a picnic area with a huge parking lot that can hold like 40+cars...there is a picnic area with horsehoes, grills, baseball diamonds, b-ball court and a park for the little ones...mods can be done in the parking lot(no shade :( )...let me know...don't know if you have to pay for the picnic area...but the b-ball diamonds u can use, and the b-ball courts 2....?? just a "iderr"(paul sr..american choper :lol: )..

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Well ron if you have one I'll definetly come wheither I have mods to do or not. I mean it would only be an 8 minute drive. I assume others around here that had things they needed to do would come to. When you're done with that fwi/cai hybrid thing ur making i want to come check it out btw.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 4 2004, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't mind hosting one this year either. I can fit 2 cars in the garage, 6 in the driveway. And there is street parking still. There are several of us in the Naperville/Bolingbrook/Woddridge area. Prolly can do some sort of mini-mod day. I think what we should do is schedule some mod days that rotate to different areas around Chicagoland, and have a sponsor/big party mod day every other month, or every 3 months. Maybe we should start setting dates on the calendar.
Good idea Ron... anywhere around the naperville area is close enough for me.. Where do you live BTW?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Ryan, I moved from Naperville, now I'm by Weber and Boughton in Bolinbrook.

J/O, I need to do the same, if you don't have any luck finding someone a friend of mine from HS has been a union electrition for 15 years, I'm sure he can do it. I just have to put in more outlets in my garage. My air compressor and welder run off 120, but they do need a bigger breaker than the standard 15 amp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info